August 22nd 2005 update!

jesse

living, breathing
Apr 29, 2001
Solitary Refinement
www.daylightdies.com
[size=-1]August . 22 . 2005 - 'New member joins Daylight Dies, recording begins'[/size]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Despite the obvious inactivity in recent updates, Daylight Dies has been anything but Idle. We have several major announcements to make, with a slew of other news to follow within the coming weeks. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]First and foremost, we would like all to welcome Charlie Shackelford as a full member to Daylight Dies. Charlie has been playing session guitar with us for quite some time and we are proud he will now join us on a permanent basis. All those who have seen us in recent gigs know he is more than capable and will make the Daylight Dies unit as strong as it has ever been. More photos of Charlie in action can be see in these live photos taken earlier this year.
[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Charlie Shackelford joins Daylight Dies [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]In other news, Daylight Dies entered Volume 11 studios on July 9th to begin recording their sophomore full length album. Jesse completed the drums to all eight tracks during the first few days of recording. Barre then spent a couple days recording acoustic guitars. He followed this by hammering out massive walls of rhythm guitar which was completed about a week ago. Both Charlie and Barre are currently recording guitar leads and will wrap them up soon. Up next, Egan will lay down the low end with his bass work, followed by a few keys as well as other details here and there. Additionally, we are excited to announce that Jens Bogren of Fascination Street Studios (Opeth, Katatonia, Soilwork, Bloodbath) will be mixing the album in Örebro Sweden during the last week of September. Mastering will most likely be carried out at The Cutting Room and everything should be done by the first week of October.[/size][/font]

STUDIO PHOTOS FOUND @ www.daylightdies.com in NEWS section.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Many more details such as the album title, track titles and track descriptions, short video clips from the studio -- as well as much more -- will be posted here in the coming weeks. A demo recording of one of the new tracks, Lies That Bind, is still available. We sincerely thank all those who continue to endlessly support us despite painstaking delays.[/size][/font]

Good to see everything was actually flowing pretty nicely. Can't wait for the rest of the news. Hopefully some kinda tour for the US is in line? Yes???. . .

This is great news...well worth the wait. Charlie kicks so much ass too! The new CD is going to be the fukking coup de grâce!

Jesse, let me know when you guys are done with that ISO booth Barre and Egan made... we want to use that shit :headbang:

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
Isn't his name Jens BOGREN. :)

Congratulations you win the cookie! We did that on purpose...or something....

Seriously, I don't post on here that often but I do keep track of what's going on here. I know I speak for the rest of the band when I say we sincerely appreciate everyone's continued patience and support for the new album. Trust me when I say that nobody wants this album out worse than we do.

Cheers!

This is great news! Opeth, Novembre, Katatonia and now Daylight Dies, is releasing an album this year?! Awesome. Now I just need Anathema to release another album...

jesse said:
Yes, it is. I noticed the same thing this morning. What's rather hilarious is how a type-o, typed once, gets copied and pasted from the site, to the forum, to Blabbermouth, to everywhere.. Oops.

haha, funny thing is i wouldn't have known either, except that i was talking to Mr Murphy the other day and he mentioned him. oh well, good news anyway! :cool:

Cows on million man march said:
novembre is the thing to wait for.....yes....novembre....yaaaaase
btw, anathema are going to release.

Sorry for OT but where did you hear that Anathema will release a new album this year? Their site seems to be down atm.

Yeah i read that too, but they didnt mention a releasedate with that newspost, or did they? I doubt it will be released this year, have they even signed with a new company yet?