Autograph collections

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Three AM and I'm pulling a 36 hour day cramming for finals. Three Rock Star energy drinks, 8 Starbucks double shots, and 12 No Doz pills in, goddamn college is a bitch. To distract myself some more I'm making a thread here.

I'm just curious, especially from people who go see shows all the time, what are your autograph collections? How many people here even collect them, and if you do do you have any particular way in how you get your cds signed (front cover, by the band pictures, on the back of the sleeve)? Lastly, what are some of your "prized signings"?

I do drumheads for most of my main autographs. You'll know me at any show because I'm carrying around a coated, 12" Remo head to be signed. After that is done, I'll try to throw in a booklet or 2 usually from a side project from one of the members to sign and then last, if time, I get the new cd booklet signed.

I've not counted my autographs, but I hang my drumheads and I have 27 of those ranging from Morgana Lefay and Tad Morose to Gamma Ray, to Primal Fear. Booklets? I have a ton of those signed!

I met many famous musicians back in the 1980s, but autograph-seeking and collecting was something I was never interested in, even from guys in some of my all-time favorite metal bands.

I have a signed Dream Theater poster (with Kevin Moore's sig), and the rest are signed cd liners of my favorite prog bands.

I have photos and autographs of the most bands that have played here in my city, like: Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amart, Epica, Angra (Andre Matos times), Anthrax, Kreator, Tristania, Slayer, Death, Cradle of Filth, Haggard, Therion, Gamma Ray, Masterplan, The Cure, Twisted Sister, DIO, Quiet Riot, Dokken, Shaman and others...
Also i have from bands that i have seen in USA like: all bands from Ozzfest 2004, Progpower V, Symphpony X and others.

I put my pic with the band + autograph(photo or cd cover) + ticket in a frame, hung in my music room :headbang:

I got my PP3 ticket stub signed by Tobias Sammet and got it framed with this picture of him and me that was taken.

That's all I have though, never really got into the having artists sign the CD booklets or other stuff.

Daybreaker said:
Three AM and I'm pulling a 36 hour day cramming for finals. Three Rock Star energy drinks, 8 Starbucks double shots, and 12 No Doz pills in, goddamn college is a bitch. To distract myself some more I'm making a thread here.

I'm just curious, especially from people who go see shows all the time, what are your autograph collections? How many people here even collect them, and if you do do you have any particular way in how you get your cds signed (front cover, by the band pictures, on the back of the sleeve)? Lastly, what are some of your "prized signings"?
I don't, and never have, done the autograph thing. What I want to know is...with all that shit in your system how did you steady your hands long enough to type this post. You must've been bouncing of the walls.

The only thing I have that is autographed, is the CD "Ten" by Pearl Jam. Since the CD cover folds out into a mini-poster, it worked out quite well. It was autographed by the whole band at the time when they were promoting the CD. They played acoustically at a local CD store.

Zod

I'm just a young'n, so I don't have many autographs. I have a couple good ones though...

I really like the "Happy Season" signed postcard that Devin Townsend sent out to people who bought from his online store.

My other good one is a copy of a Theater of Dreams magazine signed by Portnoy and Rudess.

I myself don't care for the hassle of luggin stuff around all the time. then having to baby sit it after I get it signed..lol I have a few things that are near and dear to me. Like My DT T-shirt signed by John Petrucci. Vanden Plas Poster signed by all members. Framed on the wall. syx on the wall...I've just realised that these guys are just people.. I just love what they do for work, so Meeting them, a handshake, and watch them play is quite enough for me.. :)

DementiaGuitar said:
I really like the "Happy Season" signed postcard that Devin Townsend sent out to people who bought from his online store.

Yes! Signed (in ink, not printed) by Devy, Tracy and all of Strapping Young Lad! I remember getting it and my roommate looking at it in shock. "Holy shit...it's even autographed by Gene Hoglan!"

HevyDevy rules. :worship: :headbang:

Daybreaker said:

Autograph collecting is my thing. I have a HUGE collection and really have no idea just how many I have. I'm in my 30's so I originally started getting stuff signed on cassettes. Once I switched over to CD I began getting those signed as well. I also have autographed posters, promos, tour programs and anything else I can get my hands on. I'm a photographer now for Dallas' Harder Beat Magazine (www.harderbeat.com - cheap plug!) so I've been getting 8X10's of my work signed as well now. My "prized signatures" include Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Paul Rodgers, David Coverdale, Kiss, Deep Purple (most recent tour so no Richie Blackmore or Jon Lord) Stevie Nicks and Ronnie James Dio amung others. I have tons of autographs from 70's/80's AOL/hard rock/heavy metal/hair bands. Everything from Fleetwood Mac to Styx to Metallica to Godsmack. Some of my more recent favorites include Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Circle II Circle, Edguy, Doro, HammerFall, Primal Fear, Timo Kotipelto, Iced Earth, Nightwish, Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Symphony X, Evergrey, Kamelot, and more. I'm looking forward to getting my Pink Cream 69 CD's and various Lance King projects (Balance of Power/Mattson/Pyramaze) signed this year.

I had my best Autograph today :headbang: ....THANK YOU Gaunerin !!!!!
Andy from Brainstorm sent me a personal "message" *LOL* :tickled:

I've got four autographed pictures. They are all of WWII planes, and were signed by their pilots. I never cared for getting autographs from band members though. I just don't see the value in it.

I have a whole list of things:

AIC Signed Album (all original memebers)
Gwar Drumstick
TM drumstick
Piece of NIN keyboard
CDs:
Brainstorm
Savatage
Type O Negative
Tad Morose

God, I can't even list what I have.

My son has drumsticks from:
Savatage
Aesma Daeva
Sadus
Tad Morose
Imagika
MCM
Tramonte
Gwar
Morbid Angel

A bunch more, I can't remember all his either.

-Metal