Automatic playlist preferences?

BCN

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2004
Hi!
I realize, it seems obvious if you listen Proggradio everyday, that the automatic songs list tend to specific songs of each band, and the epic ones are annoying (Not bad songs but re-replayed an epic one is annoying for me and other listeners).
I supose it is a script preference, but I don't have idea.
(I don't know if I explain it correctly, sorry):cry:

Some of this repeated songs are:
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Power Of Omens - Test Of Wills
Marcel Coenen - Anthem
Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence
Sonata Arctica - Replica

So you don't have a problem if someone actually requests The Odessey as opposed to the automatic lists? I can understand you waiting for YOUR request to be played (or sing along to Ritual's Seasong for the mooningpapa which is requested alot). Epics are a part of Progressive rock and often showcase what's best in those bands as opposed to rock or pop music which is sorely lacking in true musicanship. By the way Chan has changed the "weight" for Symphony X's The Odessey so that it won't be in that scripts random playliist or to be played less often..

I can actually understand BCN's point, especially when it comes to the Odyssey. Don't get me wrong, I love the song and Symphony X are one of my favourite bands ever, but during this week, the Odyssey played at least three times a day, which is pretty much for a 24min song. Sure, epics are a part of Prog Rock, but overplaying them isn't great either. Anyway, I see Chan has changed "the weight" of it, since the Odyssey hasn't played yet for today. But once a day would still be good...as I said, it's a great song ;-)

Phenomenon: I can see if the script repeats it 3 times a day and unrequested(I agree that most songs should be played once a day unrequested)But I don't object if someone actually requests it or other songs that are similar in length and then later in the day someone wants to hear it again. Remember there are people who live in different parts of the world who listen to this great station and often don't get a chance to hear such songs either by time zone or having to work,etc.

Progrock_Lover said:
So you don't have a problem if someone actually requests The Odessey as opposed to the automatic lists? I can understand you waiting for YOUR request to be played (or sing along to Ritual's Seasong for the mooningpapa which is requested alot). Epics are a part of Progressive rock and often showcase what's best in those bands as opposed to rock or pop music which is sorely lacking in true musicanship. By the way Chan has changed the "weight" for Symphony X's The Odessey so that it won't be in that scripts random playliist or to be played less often..
I've no problem with each one requests, No problem with epic, I love this station for the diversity... The weird thing is the "random" sequence.

There is a weighted system right now where about 250 songs get played more than the rest of the list. I will re-evaluate that list this weekend, but those are songs that are pretty much the trademark of this station. Classics if you would...

Charisma - State Design must ten be a heavily weighted song, because that's the only computer pic from the band that plays.