Avantasia double album release info

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I got this email a week or so ago. I ahven't seen anything post here on the record so....here you go!

AVANTASIA: TRACKLISTING FOR DUAL RELEASE ANNOUNCED

EDGUY frontman Tobias Sammet's AVANTASIA project will celebrate its comeback this spring with a new epic masterpiece to be released as two separate albums entitled The Wicked Symphony and Angel Of Babylon.

On the decision to release the next AVANTASIA chapter in two separate CDs, Tobias stated: "I have always given my very best, but this new chapter in AVANTASIA's history too ambitious to be just a regular album. I knew the story would be spread out over two albums when we started working on it in 2006 'cause we had written a real rock opera of over 20 songs even back then. [This] may be the last big epic I will be able to afford, and I want it to be the biggest piece I have worked on so far.”
The Wicked Symphony artwork (by Thomas Ewerhard) and track listing is as follows:

01. The Wicked Symphony
02. Wastelands
03. Scales Of Justice
04. Dying For An Angel
05. Blizzard On A Broken Mirror
06. Runaway Train
07. Crestfallen
08. Forever Is A Long Time
09. Black Wings
10. States Of Matter
11. The Edge
Angel Of Babylon artwork (by Thomas Ewerhard) track listing is as follows:

01. Angel Of Babylon
02. Stargazers
03. Your Love Is Evil
04. Death Is Just A Feeling
05. Rat Race
06. Down In The Dark
07. Blowing Out The Flame
08. Symphony Of Life
09. Alone I Remember
10. Promised Land 2
11. Journey To Arcadia
Confirmed guest musicians on the forthcoming AVANTASIA opus include:
* Klaus Meine (SCORPIONS)
* Tim "Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ICED EARTH)
* Eric Singer (KISS, ALICE COOPER)
* Michael Kiske (HELLOWEEN)
* Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN, ARK, MILLENIUM)
* Bob Catley (MAGNUM)
* Sascha Paeth
* Felix Bohnke (EDGUY)
* Alex Holzwarth (RHAPSODY, SIEGES EVEN)
* Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X)
* Jens Johansson (STRATOVARIUS, DIO, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN)
* André Matos (ANGRA, SHAAMAN, VIPER)
* Bruce Kulick (KISS, GRAND FUNK RAILROAD)
* Cloudy Yang
* Oliver Hartmann (AT VANCE, HARTMANN)
* Jon Oliva (JON OLIVA'S PAIN, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, SAVATAGE)
To register to view photos from the recording sessions, visit the “Backstage” section at www.TobiasSammet.com.

Publicity & Video Promotions
Nuclear Blast Records

We did some talk in another thread, can't recall which.

Anyway, I'm all over it waiting eagerly for both. I doubt that after "The Sacerecrow" Tobias will drop the ball returning to the debut sound, I just wish they have a proper release date. The good thing is that Avantasia still is on NB, so the USA release will be easy to find in due time.

Thanks a lot for reminds us and the info.

I played all of The Wicked Symphony last night on my show. I tried to do a Christian Metal show last night in light of Easter, and the computer crashed a record 5 times. So I said the hell with it and worked the rest of the show off of CD.

You know, the entire night I couldn't help thinking "God must not want me to play Christian metal... these signs are all too obvious"

You know, the entire night I couldn't help thinking "God must not want me to play Christian metal... these signs are all too obvious"

Heh, that reminds me when several years ago for Good Friday night we did an Iron Maiden special, was the best ever we started at 22:00 and finished 2:00 on Easter Saturday.

Maney asked why we choose Iron Maiden for Easter (specially in a Catholic country), we told everybody we hadn't enough Mercyful Fate material then :heh:

As for Avantasia, I'm just finished with "Angels Of Babylon" and now moving into "The Wicked Symphony". Still I believe that Tobias overkilled the situation, many songs could have been cut off and left one strong album. Gonna buy them anyway, as soon as I find those at a reasonable price online.