Avantasia- The Scarecrow details

powermetal2000

The Power Of Metal
From Metal Rules...

According to BW&BK, the artists appearing on the new Avantasia album, include Roy Khan (KAMELOT/vocals), Kai Hansen (GAMMA RAY/guitars), Oliver Hartmann, Jorn Lande (ex-MASTERPLAN/vocals), Bob Catley (MAGNUM/vocals), Michael Kiske (ex-HELLOWEEN/vocals), Rudolph Schenker (SCORPIONS/guitars), Alice Cooper (vocals) and Amanda Somerville (vocals).

The "Scarecrow" tracklist is as follows:

1) 'Twisted Mind' - Tobias Sammet, Roy Khan (vocals), Sascha Paeth (lead guitar)

2) 'The Scarecrow' - Tobias Sammet, Jorn Lande (vocals), Sascha Paeth (lead guitars)

3) 'Shelter From The Rain' - Michael Kiske, Bob Catley, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Henjo Richter, Kai Hansen (lead guitars)

4) 'Carry Me Over' - Tobias Sammet (vocals), Sascha Paeth (lead guitar)

5) 'What Kind Of Love' - Amanda Somerville, Michael Kiske, Tobias Sammet (vocals)

6) 'Another Angel Down' - Jorn Lande, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Sascha Paeth, Henjo Richter (lead guitars)

7) 'The Toy Master' - Alice Cooper, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Sascha Paeth, Henjo Richter (lead guitars)

8) 'Devil In The Belfry' - Jorn Lande, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Henjo Richter (lead guitars)

9) 'Cry Just A Little' - Tobias Sammet, Bob Catley (vocals), Sascha Paeth (lead guitars)

10) 'I Don't Believe In Your Love' - Oliver Hartmann, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Rudolph Schenker (lead guitar)

11) 'Lost In Space' - Tobias Sammet (vocals)

Fans should note that the Lost In Space EP's (Part 1 and Part 2), due to be released on November 16th, will feature non-album material including cover versions of ABBA's 'Lay All Your Love On Me' and the UNTRAVOX hit 'Dancing With Tears In My Eyes'.

The Scarecrow is due to be released in January 2008

UNTRAVOX hit 'Dancing With Tears In My Eyes'.

It must be some kind of hit, as this is the fifth metal cover version of this song that I know of, and I'd never heard the song until metal bands covered it.I still have yet to hear the original.

As much as metal bands cover Ultravox in general, I almost wonder if Ultravox needs to reunite at Progpower. We'd probably know most of the songs.

Really looking forward to Roy Khan's participation.

+2

I'm more than a little surprised to see Alice Cooper on there. Interested to see what he'll sound like in conjunction with Tobias.

W00T w00t!!! I am so stoked. The lineup is great. It is going to be interested in where and how they put Alice Cooper into the mix. But Khan and Jorn!!!! Wooooooo Hooooooo!!!

Stay Metal!!
saMetal

+2

I'm more than a little surprised to see Alice Cooper on there....

I know Eric Singer is playing drums on the disc. He was in Alice's band before joining Kiss. I would imagine he played some part in Alice's involvement. I can't wait for this disc to be released. I agree it should be an interesting mix of talent.

From Metal Rules...

According to BW&BK, the artists appearing on the new Avantasia album, include Roy Khan (KAMELOT/vocals), Kai Hansen (GAMMA RAY/guitars), Oliver Hartmann, Jorn Lande (ex-MASTERPLAN/vocals), Bob Catley (MAGNUM/vocals), Michael Kiske (ex-HELLOWEEN/vocals), Rudolph Schenker (SCORPIONS/guitars), Alice Cooper (vocals) and Amanda Somerville (vocals).

The "Scarecrow" tracklist is as follows:

1) 'Twisted Mind' - Tobias Sammet, Roy Khan (vocals), Sascha Paeth (lead guitar)

2) 'The Scarecrow' - Tobias Sammet, Jorn Lande (vocals), Sascha Paeth (lead guitars)

3) 'Shelter From The Rain' - Michael Kiske, Bob Catley, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Henjo Richter, Kai Hansen (lead guitars)

4) 'Carry Me Over' - Tobias Sammet (vocals), Sascha Paeth (lead guitar)

5) 'What Kind Of Love' - Amanda Somerville, Michael Kiske, Tobias Sammet (vocals)

6) 'Another Angel Down' - Jorn Lande, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Sascha Paeth, Henjo Richter (lead guitars)

7) 'The Toy Master' - Alice Cooper, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Sascha Paeth, Henjo Richter (lead guitars)

8) 'Devil In The Belfry' - Jorn Lande, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Henjo Richter (lead guitars)

9) 'Cry Just A Little' - Tobias Sammet, Bob Catley (vocals), Sascha Paeth (lead guitars)

10) 'I Don't Believe In Your Love' - Oliver Hartmann, Tobias Sammet (vocals), Rudolph Schenker (lead guitar)

11) 'Lost In Space' - Tobias Sammet (vocals)

Fans should note that the Lost In Space EP's (Part 1 and Part 2), due to be released on November 16th, will feature non-album material including cover versions of ABBA's 'Lay All Your Love On Me' and the UNTRAVOX hit 'Dancing With Tears In My Eyes'.

The Scarecrow is due to be released in January 2008
OMG!:worship:rock::kickass: