AVENGED SEVENFOLD Working On New Song For 'Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, AVENGED SEVENFOLD bassist Johnny Christ has revealed to HardDrive Radio that the band is working on a new song for the upcoming "Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4" video game. AVENGED SEVENFOLD previously worked with game publisher Activision on a song called "Carry On" for "Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2" back in 2012. Christ said about the new tune: "The song's written. We're recording it right now. We just took a break in the studio of recording it this last week. We're gonna finish it up this coming week, and then it'll go off to get mixed and mastered. And I believe sometime in July is when everyone will be hearing it for the first time." AVENGED SEVENFOLD will probably start working on its eighth studio LP this fall for a 2019 release. The band will tour North America this summer with PROPHETS OF RAGE and THREE DAYS GRACE. AVENGED SEVENFOLD frontman M. Shadows told Metal Hammer in a recent interview that the band's latest album, 2016's "The Stage", could end up being more appreciated than it is now. Shadows said about the LP: "I think it will stand the test of time in terms of AVENGED's legacy and I think that at some point it will be a lot of people's favorite record. I just think that when you're in the middle of the process of writing a record and you know that things are going to be a little complex or a little over people's heads, then you've got to know that a backlash is coming. And it did." Shadows continued: "I feel that all of the initial backlashes that we've had, people have grown into it. They try it on and see how it fits... The different thing on the backlash with 'The Stage', though, was it was the first time that we had a great critical response and more of a fan backlash." The group made the album available at midnight on October 27, 2016 with almost no promotion beforehand, save for the arrival of a new song one week earlier. The surprise release of the disc, which was announced the night it went on sale, earned the lowest sales of an AVENGED SEVENFOLD album in 11 years. The effort was a deeply complex concept album about the evolution of artificial intelligence and its possible consequences upon our society.

Continue reading...