Avenged Sevenfold

Apr 8, 2005
San Diego, CA
www.myspace.com
I put this in Non-Metal to avoid flames for thinking Avenged Sevenfold are metal (and I would argue that they are, but that's another thread.)

Has anyone else here heard A7X's new album, City of Evil, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

they are ok...I have Waking the Fallen. They have some potential...but nothing on that album is really that memorable

This band and Atreyu are really popular at my school, but I get extremely annoyed with everybody going around shoving this stuff down my throat, but I think Avenged Sevenfold are the better of the two. They sorta did something a little more original in the metalcore genre with their first two CD's though. I think it really sucks that their singer fucked up his voice, and its amazing what he did on the new album. I would like this band a lot more if people weren't jizzing everytime I said Avenged Sevenfold. They are good, but not amazing. Their new album has some pretty good solos and the singing blew me away. I have yet to buy any of their CD's, but this one might be a first.

Avenged Sevenfold are so unbelievably bad that they should go into a jam filled aeroplane and stay there until further notice because i hate them and they suck and if it's not grindcore, it' gay

A7X has a few good tunes .... i've recently been testing the waters as far as Goth Rock goes.... i like the band For My Pain... I have City of Evil, but haven't listened thru enough to give an opinion .... the first three listens don't count ....:Smug:

For a good two years A7X were my favorite band, but then I heard City of Evil, and nearly vomited. Fucking metallica rip-off.
I say Sounding the seventh trumpet was the best one they did. Also, A7X are not metal, they're metalcore.

A7x rule, specifically in regards to City of Evil. They completely shed their metalcore tag with this CD and became balls to the walls classic metal, which I've never liked til this band/album. They still use a few vocal patterns that hint at their metalcore past, but other than that its totally gone. Changing from metalcore to classic metal really gave them a unique sound that is simply amazing. I marginally liked them before City of Evil (the 10 minute ballad on Waking the Fallen is simply amazing), but now they're one of my favorites. Their guitarists especially blow me away...the improvement on City of Evil compared to Waking the Fallen is nothing short of amazing.

And the best thing is, they totally pissed off the metalcore kids that used to be their fans (at least the ones that can't appreciate anythong that isn't -core), and in my book that's fucking awesome. Metalcore is dying, and they abandoned the sinking ship. Good for them.

Meh, City of Evil was just...well, meh. It was pretty generic and didn't have much that held my interest. Not to mention, the vocalist fucked up what was arguably the best part of his voice so he can't use it any more, and the lyrics have devolved into complete and utter shit.

NeverIsForever said:
I put this in Non-Metal to avoid flames for thinking Avenged Sevenfold are metal (and I would argue that they are, but that's another thread.)

Has anyone else here heard A7X's new album, City of Evil, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

IT'S A GREAT ALBUM !!!

Imo, it's as METAL as it can be and I'll even say it's the best power metal album I heard so far in the 2005 releases

killer trax : Bat Country, Trashed & Scattered, M.I.A. (but they're all good actually)