Avenged Sevenfold

I agree. They are pretty terrible, but I think their change of direction to a more 80s sound was a good idea.

I personally think they're one of the most god-awful bands around. I seem to be one of the few people who can resist their apparent charm.. Republican, red-neck narcissists who churn out piss poor trend metal have never really appealed to me.

we should discuss between the buried and me (shameless plug) instead of the craptastic avenged 7x...

actually they're not that bad, i thought "bat country" was kind of a cool song until i heard it 6 million times.

I enjoy City of Evil from Bat Country on. Their vocalist certainly has his limits these days, and their image for what its worth (...nothing) is horrendous, but those spiralling dual guitar harmonies can be impressive. Some cool acoustic work as well on songs like Sidewinder.

I say there above average.

I love them.
City of Evil is an excellent album full of great guitar and drumwork.
Plus their songs are quite long and some arrangements are interesting (one song has an obvious Tim Burton/ danny Elfman reference ).
I couldn't care less about thir image and at least they know how to play their instruments.
I say musically they are more sophisticated than your average metalcore band and than what they appear to be.
They are not the second coming but I respect them.

jk, lolz

None of you guys would have even considered that possible if nfu had not established the precedent of liking MCR, KSE, Robbie Williams....