AVIGAL-Unbroken (excellent traditional HM)

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
I just received my AVIGAL-Unbroken CD, bought directly from singer Sammy Schmoulik Avigal himself. This is an excellent traditional heavy metal album, mostly mid-paced, with excellent vocals from the Dio-influenced Schmoulik.

Here's the title track:

You might remember his vocals from the classic PICTURE-Diamond Dreamer album (1982) or from THE RODS-Heavier Than Thou (1986). In the 2000s, I'm only aware of his work on JACK STARR'S GUARDIANS OF THE FLAME-Under A Savage Sky (2003), another fine album.

Check out that new Avigal disc, this is good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds solid indeed. there also is a new Picture CD coming. I heard from guys that got promo's that it's very good too !

Schmoulik Avigal was the singer of the Dutch band Horizon (A Dutch band founded by guitarist Jack Nobele) before he joined Picture as their singer. I met him in 1981. He had just emigrated to the Netherlands from Israel. At the time I though he acted like a complete jackass. He may have changed now.

Schmoulik Avigal was the singer of the Dutch band Horizon (A Dutch band founded by guitarist Jack Nobele) before he joined Picture as their singer. I met him in 1981. He had just emigrated to the Netherlands from Israel. At the time I though he acted like a complete jackass. He may have changed now.

I have the Horizon disc (from 1985 I think, or before). In any ways, it was too light for me to enjoy.

I only chatted with Schmoulik on Facebook, but he seems a cool guy. And he shipped the CD the day after I paid for it, which is a plus. :D

I have the Horizon disc (from 1985 I think, or before). In any ways, it was too light for me to enjoy.

I only chatted with Schmoulik on Facebook, but he seems a cool guy. And he shipped the CD the day after I paid for it, which is a plus. :D

That is indeed a big plus! :)