axel rudi pell

Jan 6, 2006
In the land of ice and snow
I was just checking Axels new album Mystica, that was released some time ago. It´s nice to see that they are still doing great work. I haven´t hear much talking of this band but axel is damn good guitar player.:kickass:

arp_mystica_frontweb.jpg

Axel has written a bunch of catchy tunes over the years, my favorite records are "Nasty Reputation" (featuring Rob Rock on vox), "Between the Walls" (feat. Jeff Scott Soto) and "Masquerade Ball" (feat. Johnny something, I can't remember his name).

The only thing that bothers me is the absence of evolution throughout his career, and now his songwriting has become very predictable (I'm not in a rush to hear the new one...). When you own 2 or 3 ARP albums, it's almost like you know the whole discography.

The only thing that bothers me is the absence of evolution throughout his career, and now his songwriting has become very predictable (I'm not in a rush to hear the new one...). When you own 2 or 3 ARP albums, it's almost like you know the whole discography.

Sounds like Iced Earth. It can be both a good and bad thing. I've got IE's best of and the entire compilation sounds like it could have been from the same album.

Axel's a great guitar player and like Yngwie or Chris Imp. he always brings along a fantastic cast of musicians.