Axl's secret gig in NYC

Pretty kick ass set list and they did a bunch of songs they didn't play when I saw them including You're Crazy and Used to Love Her (would have LOVED to have seen those live!)

I'm a die-hard Slash fan but this new GNR is unbelievably amazing. I did not miss Slash at all when I saw them. If you get the chance to see them, do so, it's an incredible show.

why does the person who wrote that feel the need to call them the "hired guns"? axl hired everybody who was ever in GNR except for izzy and tracii guns when it was the original lineup.

Pretty kick ass set list and they did a bunch of songs they didn't play when I saw them including You're Crazy and Used to Love Her (would have LOVED to have seen those live!)

I'm a die-hard Slash fan but this new GNR is unbelievably amazing. I did not miss Slash at all when I saw them. If you get the chance to see them, do so, it's an incredible show.

I saw them a few years ago and they are solid s hell live. I understand Axl can go both ways - either be awesome or sound tired but on this occation he was great. All other members did their job super well also. They actually had a stand in drummer that show because the regular guy was sick and he was awesome too. The only negative was one of the 3 guitarists that I felt didnt deliver when he tried to solo (cant remember who now) but he was solid on rythm and didnt get to many solos anyway.

My Michelle (bad recording but sounds like the band was on and Axl sounded really good it seems): http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134983

I happen to love Chinese Democracy but opinions are subjective of course. GNR of today is an excellent live band though. I recomend anyone to see them. I never saw the old GNR live but from what Ive seen in videos they seemed to sound the best just after AFD. Alot of the shows they did for UYI sounded a bit thin for whatever reason.