B.C. Rich Jr. V NJ series

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Just ordered it...blood red....should be at the guitar shop in about a week. $712 with hardshell case. Fuckin' A.

Also, the dude said he has a couple of EMG 81s for 120 a piece, installed free. Is this a good deal, because I've never had pickups installed before?

I'll wait to say 'congrats' until you recieve it. =)

I don't know if the price on the EMG's is good since I don't live in the same corner of the globe, but I'd highly recommend getting at least one for the bridge position. The thing is that they don't mate well with passive pickups, so the salesperson _will_ try to sell you two. I never use neck pickups, so if I were you, I'd ask him to disable the neck pickup (just leave it in for decoration) and put an EMG 81 in the bridge position.

If you play through a good amp (preferrably tube amp), you'll get an awesome distorted sound. Just make sure to play around with the EQ until you get what you want.

I've been looking around to see what pickups the BC's come with stock, but I haven't found anything conclusive. Generally though, stock pickups suck and an EMG should be a huge improvement.

Thanks alot...the guy is pretty cool, and he isn't really a salesperson. I think it's a family owned store, and he has a twin brother who also plays and helps out. They always give me pretty good discounts for the stuff I buy and have never ripped me off. They don't even deal with B.C Rich, and he just happens to know a dealer over here and is getting it for me with no more profit than about 10 bucks. They don't get a cut or anything, and since I buy all my stuff from there, they know me are willing to help out. I leave for Italy in about three months, and I'm gonna actually miss this place. I've never had the opportunity to buy gear like I have since I've been here, and cheap!

$120 for a new emg installed isn't too bad. You can get them on ebay for much cheaper, but seeing how you're in South Korea, that's probably a decent price, export duties and all that stuff...

Anyways, hope you enjoy your new guitar! :)

Good choice man. I recently purchased the Warlock NJ Neck-thru series and I am totally satisfied. I got the guitar in about four days from the factory.

As far as pickups go they are cheaper here in the U.S. depending on your location but in my town there are a lot of music stores competing for the best prices and that means lower prices for the consumer. I would think that the price you are going to pay for the EMG's and installation is fair considering you're getting it done in Korea.

The stock pickups that come with the B.C.'s aren't the best but it doesn't matter. Most guitar players change them regardless. The custom B.C.'s usually come with Dimarzios but I think there are a few (Kerry Kings models) that come with EMG's. I actually prefer either the 81's or 85's but i'm experimenting with some Seymour Duncans right now. They sound pretty good.