Back From San Diego show

gatomike23

Apr 30, 2002
California
Visit site
I just got back from the San Diego show at Canes and Anthrax kicked ass that did not suprise me though.Ive seen them 93 with quicksand and white zombie,94 with fight,95 with deftones,96 with misfits and canibal corpse,98 with pantera,and 2000 in San Diego at the same place,and on the Maxinum rock in roll tour.

What did suprise me is the San Diego crowd being from SD since Ive been going to shows since 92 Iam 26 Ive either seen Anthrax in SD or La.I was excited about tonights show but also not sure cause the place they played at is the worst to see shows at the beer is cheap and parking is free which is a plus but it just is not built right for kick ass bands like Anthrax(anybody who lives in SD knows canes sucks).Also last time I saw them there I was let down not by Anthrax(they never dissapoint on CD or live) but by a lackluster crowd and not a whole lotta of people.

when I got there I arrived at like 8 Pm and could barely find parking which is a good sign,then I went in and the bar area was packed I got plenty of drinks then wathced Anthrax about 2 people from the barcade on Scotts side.

I wont go into the set list cause its been talked about but it rocked.John Bush was really into the crowd and had them going the whole time even on the new shit(which rocks I half to say Anthrax is the only band left out of the big four that has never let me down on a new CD since 91,that includes my favorite bands Metallica and Slayer(which are great but do not put out albums like the use too in my opinion.)

Well like I mentioned earlier about the last time thrax played canes,Scott always takes the Mic before a song in the encore and he thanked the crowd and even said how last time it was bum show and they were not totaly looking forward to coming to San Diego(which sucks to hear but I heard rob zombie say the same shit at one of his shows and I got to agree.)Ive been to over 60 shows in Sd and most are great the bands always rock but they need kicks ass crowds(which this city lacks sometimes) so they are not bored.Well Scott and John both mentioned how good and loud the crowd was and how much they were into it.

I half to agree and I had a great night.

Reactions: bRaTpRiNcEsS
I agree man. I was there and had the best time ever. Such a good show. Anthrax destroyed canes. Hopefully next time they will play 4th and B. I was so impressed I am going to Aneheim on Sat.

sick_sick_sicks said:
I agree man. I was there and had the best time ever. Such a good show. Anthrax destroyed canes. Hopefully next time they will play 4th and B. I was so impressed I am going to Aneheim on Sat.
I'll be there Saturday with my wife having a beer and rocking on \nn/__\nn/ :D

DarbysDad said:
I'll be there Saturday with my wife having a beer and rocking on \nn/__\nn/ :D

Me too, my wife couldnt make it last night, so we are going to do the drive. (even ditching out early on a friends wedding) :headbang: Cant wait, LA shows are so much better than SD. How is the HOB in Aneheim. Big, can you get alcohol.

sick_sick_sicks said:
Me too, my wife couldnt make it last night, so we are going to do the drive. (even ditching out early on a friends wedding) :headbang: Cant wait, LA shows are so much better than SD. How is the HOB in Aneheim. Big, can you get alcohol.

Even though the HOB in Anaheim is smaller than Canes and the alcohol is over priced I do like seeing shows there as well. Make sure you bring your ticket for parking into the club with you since they validate after the show. If you do not do that it will cost ya around $6 or more for parking. There are 2 bars located on the sides of the stage and one big bar outside on the patio. They have a coat check as well upstairs.

I suggest you get there early to get a good spot, especially if you are short like I am. :Smug:

Have a great time. The show in SD rocked.

HOB Anaheim is quite a bit smaller than the one in LA. When I went to see Megadeth at the Anaheim HOB you could barely move. After the Great White tragedy I hope they took a good look at their ticket selling policies because if a fire broke out at that show everyone would have been dead.

See some of ya on Saturday.

Rich

metalmaiden said:
Even though the HOB in Anaheim is smaller than Canes and the alcohol is over priced I do like seeing shows there as well. Make sure you bring your ticket for parking into the club with you since they validate after the show. If you do not do that it will cost ya around $6 or more for parking. There are 2 bars located on the sides of the stage and one big bar outside on the patio. They have a coat check as well upstairs.

I suggest you get there early to get a good spot, especially if you are short like I am. :Smug:

Thanks for the info. Im excited to go.

metalmaiden said:

Thanks for filling us in. In my HOB reminder they mentioned validatied if you eat a meal before the show and if you eat you can get into the show room early. :D

See everyone there!! I'll be the guy with the bushy gotee like a hockey or baseball has during the playoffs. And no tatoos or piercings, maybe old and boring but I never did those things because I didn't want to spend my beer money,LOL!!!! :p

metalmaiden said:

2 metal maidens.......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........:D

Hey guys, of course I'll be there Sat night (wouldn't miss it for the world!!!). Anyways, if you do go there, come and say 'Hi'. I'll be there w/ my wife wearing my Punisher shirt or my grey Lakers skater shirt and probably shorts. So any thrax fans that visit the board, just come up and talk. It'll be cool to put a face w/ tha name.

Over, Finished, Gone, Done, Out ... See-ya