Back from the L.A. show

KielbasaSausage

YARRRRG
Jan 12, 2002
Scurvy Cove of Redondo
Visit site
needless to say, opeth fuckin rocked. the sound was all shitty at that piece of shit troubadour, but opeth handled it very well. opening bands, i tried to tell myself that it was alright music, but the monotonous drumming and guitar leads (both TTV and PL) really got on my nerves. sorry just my opinion. anyway, setlist was the same, not much moshing at all, except for of course when demon of the fall came on. suprisingly, i expected better from the fans of opeth, because the mosh started kinda late. me and my brother had to start it up 30 seconds into the song, pushing and throwing eachother into the unwilling and lazy fans. but we got a rise out of all the true moshers in the crowd until the mellow acoustic parts came on.

it was worth it cause at the end of the song mike thanked all the moshers for the intense mosh pit! :D

oh and by the way my brother was the one wearing the blackwater park tour long sleeve shirt and i was the one with a regular black long sleeve. :)

well mike was pleased that we all moshed, and im not even a big person, so why can't everyone else mosh?

there was one asshole at the troubadour though. he was the only rasta man with a beanie on at the show (probably a fan of the previous bands) and he was in the middle of the pit a few yards away from the front. this piece of shit was giving all the opeth fans dirty looks, and during one of the opeth songs he just sat down on the floor expressing his idiotic disapproval for the band. note: if you don't like the band, you aren't forced to stay for the whole show. sadly, he left before they played demon of the fall. everyone around me really wanted to give him a beating :D

oh and i really thought the changes that opeth put into their songs was cool! especially credence how instead of the acoustic fading out, it changed into a sweet beat and distorted guitar.

Credence: you know that one riff that fades out acousticly? They are playing that riff, then they abruptly stop, a sweet drum fill starts and the same riff is played only with distortion! It really changed the effect of the song and i liked it a lot!

I got my lip pierced there :) LOL my teeth went right through my bottem lip, straight off someones head during demon of the fall, but I kept thrashing around :)

Well, I don't like to mosh, either (I'm old, too). I go to watch the band, watch the guitarists/bassist's hands, watch the singer's face, watch the drummer's energy--not to bump up against a bunch of sweaty guys.

I'll be at the Galaxy show Monday! :)

I saw another beanie guy right in front of the stage...

TTV and PL was unbearable IMO. They just ruined my happy mood and further made me anticipate Opeth.

I was really near the stage...about 2 bodies away on the left side and there was this extremely tall guy...
So when Opeth came out, I climbed on the light holder(that four-sided ladder kind of thing).

I just "stood" on that thing for the whole hour or more Opeth was on (probably less than an hour, eh?). My left leg was in extreme pain...but I endured it just for the sake of being able to stare at Opeth live. :lol:
I still managed to head bang like a pscyho.

So... I had a great view. I was basically RIGHT in front of Peter (SO HE ACKNOWLEDGED MY EXISTANCE!!!) and I guess I was the "tallest" one there from standing on that thing... :) I guess I was somewhat afraid a security might make me go down...

Originally posted by cinflames
Well, I don't like to mosh, either (I'm old, too). I go to watch the band, watch the guitarists/bassist's hands, watch the singer's face, watch the drummer's energy--not to bump up against a bunch of sweaty guys.

I'll be at the Galaxy show Monday! :)

Hey, where do you live? Someone told me that Galaxy was really far away from where I live...and I live in the Glendale area (La Crescenta to be exact).

...And I really FUCKING wanted to go to the Rob Halford w/ the Testaments show that was for today at the Galaxy... :(

Yeah, that fucking drunk bitch that was whining about his hat that HE THROUGH UP ON STAGE, was bitching that PL's singer wasn't acknoledging him, he was a fucking idiot, we leveled his ass a few times.

I was the guy with the Maiden - The Trooper shirt :)

Was the hat guy the same guy who flipped off PL's singer? It was great that he let us know about LA being the second city on the tour to give him the finger.

Originally posted by The holy one
Hey, where do you live? Someone told me that Galaxy was really far away from where I live...and I live in the Glendale area (La Crescenta to be exact).

...And I really FUCKING wanted to go to the Rob Halford w/ the Testaments show that was for today at the Galaxy... :(
Halford was playing the House of Blues in Hollywood tonight and he plays the House of Blues in Anaheim on Friday. No shows at the Galaxy for him.

The Galaxy is in Santa Ana, right off the 405 at Harbor. It's probably an hour away from you without traffic.

Originally posted by Sign of Eth
Halford was playing the House of Blues in Hollywood tonight and he plays the House of Blues in Anaheim on Friday. No shows at the Galaxy for him.

The Galaxy is in Santa Ana, right off the 405 at Harbor. It's probably an hour away from you without traffic.

There are probably still tickets for the Opeth show tonight. It's a lot larger venue than the Troubadour. Here's the Galaxy's phone number: 714-957-0600.

I already have my ticket for the Halford/Testament show this Friday in Anaheim. (Actually, the HoB is located in Downtown Disney. Cool, huh?)

Yeah, the guy who fliped off PL's lead singer, he said he did it because "he is a hard working fan who paid a lot of money for that show, he was giving it his all, and expects the singer to acknowledge him." LOL I died, then when I was talking shit to him, he was trying to convince me I asked him 3 times for tickets.

Then he through the "How old are you" question in there...I may be 15, but I would have fucked his shit up. Security came and talked to him a few times, but I'm not sure if they finaly kicked his ass out.

During Opeths set, he kept his head sideways and kept staring at my girlfriend and I.

Fuck him. Fuck Drunks. If you actualy want to enjoy a show like Opeth...why get drunk. Getting drunk is to watch a shitty punk show...not an elite metal show...especialy OPETH! :)

oh i was wondering why he was all looking in my direction hahaha. i was standing directly to the left of you! ya that guy was also giving me and my bro the evil stare so we really wanted to fuck him up during demon of the fall. but unfortunately he left. oh, and by the way, your girlfriend is freakin hot. :D

Yeah, I wanted to kill that mother fucker.

opethmeghanshirt.jpg

There is my girlfriends tits, covered in a newly purchased Opeth shirt, for your enjoyment :)