Back to the Future

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Anyone else pick up the trilogy on DVD? I thought it was a great buy. The movies were a lot of fun (although I found the third one a little tired), and there's tons of extra features.

A lot of the deleted scenes are really quite funny, although you can see why a few of them were deleted (especially the scene from the third movie where Tannen shoots the Sheriff in the back...that wouldn't have been a downer in the movie).

A lot of critics seem to slag the second movie, but I thought it was a really creative idea how they incorporate scenes from the first movie into the second one, but from a different perspective.

The DVD also has a FAQ that tries to answer actual questions that people wrote in about minor inconsistencies in the plot and/or time travel theories. It's funny, mainly because it's hard to believe that there are so many people that would write in about silly little details in a fictional movie :lol:

Hhmmm, maybe I should have bougt the dvd after all. I bought the three movies used on vhs for 90 Kroner ($12.6) for all of them and the dvd box (as new) costed 319 Kroner ($44.7), and I thought that was a little too expensive.
I think the first two are great, the first one being a little better than the second. The third was also cool, but not as good as the two first, but still cool!

Yeah, definately worth the purchase for me. My wife and I watch the trilogy fairly frequently and there are a lot of special features. As I said before, the deleted scenes are actually worth watching (as compared to some movies where you can obviously see why they were deleted). I'm not one for director commentary, but I did find it interesting to watch the commentary on selected parts of the 2nd movie to find out how they worked the 1st movie in the background.