Back

Havermout

Focused
Feb 11, 2002
The Netherlands
www.havermout.net
Yeah, got home from a fantastic PP weekend (again, hehehe).

Before it was finally time for Evergrey to play their set as last band this weekend we heard some great bands as well.

For me the highlight of the weekend (besides Evergrey of course) was for sure Pagan's Mind. Saw them already at PP usa a few weeks back, but personally this was a much better show.

The Evergrey set began with a lot of delay due to the already delayed time-schedule. Surprisingly they started with the first Evergrey song on an album: Blackened Dawn. Unfortunately the sound was quite fucked up due to some technical problems during the first song. But luckily that changed during the next songs and we heard a great set. During the entire weekend there was lot of complaint on the sound in the venue, way too loud. During the set i was standing second row in front of the stage, so i heard most of the sound coming from the stage which was quite good, especially Henriks guitar.

The setlist was in random order about the same as the ones played at PP usa and Biebob in Belgium, only this time they also played She speaks to the dead.

Before the gig i had a brief talk talked with Tom and Henrik, and said that i was glad they played at PP but that they were totally mad to travel 18 hours by car and play a set for 1,5 hour at the same day. The life of an artist is still no luxury ;)

Unfortunately i didn't get to speak to Mike (so Lotta say hi to him if you get to speak to him before he gets home and i do hope is doing well). We stayed for more than an hour at the bar in the basement to drink a few beers and play some pool. Tom asked me if we were there after the show as well, but they stayed too long in the dressing room. A few of us did want go to bed, so we had to leave. :erk:

It was a great weekend again and the only painfull memory is my neck!

Henk

Back too.. tired as hell.. Gotta catch up on a whole lot of sleep.. o_O But it was a more than fun weekend. For me Pagan's Mind and Green Carnation were by far the best bands, followed by Evergrey who had the worst sound ever during the first songs :s