Bad Religion medley (Jotun Studio) Feedback welcomed

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, fellas!

I know it´s not metal, but I´ve seen a lot of metalhead friends telling me they like Bad Religion a lot, so I would like to ask you about this mix I put together a week ago:

I tried to get a more natural sound, with less compression to the master, and more natural sounding drums and voice (it has a little reverb and some compressor/exciter)

I hope you liked it and please, tell me what you think and some advices.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds great man, especially the guitars!

funny, i was never into BR but i had some of their songs
stuck in my head for the last few days, just out of nothing...

markey_mark_wtf.gif

Thanks a lot, Soultrash! I really appreciate you liked the guitars so much, since theye were approached in a different way (Tweed kind of amp, and sometimes I played rythm with the PU selector in the middle, and I usually play metal and rock rythms with the bridge position)

Hahaha, I really liked your gif and the "where did that BR tune come from?" sensation...

Otamatone, thanks a lot! I used an Audio Technica AT4040 plugged into a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. Glad you liked the vocal tone.

Thanks again, fellas!

The guitar tone sounds awesome for rhythms, but damn do those palm mutes sound scratchy :\. I love Bad Religion; they destroyed when I saw them earlier this year.

EDIT: Nothing off of No Control/Stranger Than Fiction?!

Thanks a lot Allan.

Yeah, it sounds a bit scratchy, but I tried to get a sound that was a little dirtier (I used the middle pickup position a lot of times), and didn´t care too much for it. Thanks for the comment anyway.

It was really hard not trying to squeeze 10-15 songs here :D From No Control, I could have played Change Of Idea and from Stranger Than Fiction I was very close to play Infected, though 21st Century is almost a STF song :p I also wanted to play Generator, I Want To Conquer The World, Modern Man, Shades Of Truth, and many many more...Maybe for a BR 2.0 medley?...

Thanks for your comment, man!