Bah, need help once again

Cat5Messiah

Violator of Sheep
Jan 21, 2003
Seattle/Tacoma (Browns Point), WA
www.myspace.com
I posted this on the Nevermore forums, too. Must....get......issue.......resolved soon!

Ok, I am asking for help.

I have been playing guitar for almost fifteen years but have no setup experience. Sad, huh?

Anyways, my guitar's intonation is horrible. I put on a new low E to be my new victim. I do the open E to 12 fret harmonic trick. Nothing seems off. But, when I actually fret the 12th fret, it is almost a full sharp too high. I tried adjusting my bridge saddle to accomodate the difference but it fails to fix my problem.

I've tried searching for information on what else I could do but everything I find is actually what I have already tried. My neck looks straight but it's almost hard to tell if it's perfectly straight. Even if I could tell (maybe I could if I took a better look) I don't even know which way to turn the nut for the truss rod adjustment.

My guitar is a Marty Friedman signature Jackson (the limited version) with a Floyd Rose floating bridge. Yea, Floyds are a bitch. But this is so bad that I can't even play the damn thing....and I have to get ready for a Battle of the Bands I'm doing next month.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to take my guitar to someone nor do I really trust anyone with it, it's my baby. Besides, I know what Guitar Center is like since I used to work there. I'd rather do this myself to also learn how to do it if need be again.

Yeeeeeeeee!