bands with cool female singers???

tyoemiehet

der spielleiter
Aug 4, 2002
bern, switzerland
www.tyoemiehet.ch.vu
hi

I'm searching for a band with a REAL GOOD female singer. for example, in "iced earth - the phantom opera ghost", it's a very nice female voice, or also in "dark tranquillity - through ebony archways". both of the bands have problems, 'cos these singers are just engaged for singing one song, and they aren't enough aggressively, either. so what would be your suggestion?
thx

tyoemiehet

arch enemy
lacuna coil
the gathering
ebonsight
november greif

i found those last 2 on a compilation called "the awakening". its a comp dedicated to females in extreme metal. check it out
~gR~

2 suggestions:

Sinergy: Kimberly Goss with Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) on guitars. Sounds like power/death metal, influenced of course by Alexi's guitar work.

Amaran: Lead singer sounds like Kimberly Goss, music is melodic death metal kinda like Arch Enemy.

I also like Theatre of Tragedy, but I don't think Liv Kristine Espenæs sings that well. When I was a metal head I thought she was a great singer, but when I listen to her now it doesn't sound that great. I don't think she sings crappy, but not a singer I would categorize as more than a mediocre singer. The stuff I've heard from their live album sounded pretty horrible.
I think Kari Rueslåtten of The 3rd and The Mortal sings great though! I haven't really heard any of her solo stuff, but her vocal on "Tears laid in earth" and Storm's "Nordavind" is good!
The Gathering's singer Anneke also sings pretty good! "Mandylion" is the only record I can really recommend. Their later stuff is pretty boring IMO.
If you like other stuff than metal I can recommend:
Minnie Riperton: The best female singer EVER if you ask me!!!! Her best record IMO is "Adventures in paradise". Her stuff is kind of soul/funk stuff. She did "Loving you", which you may know.
Suzi Jane Hokom: On the record she did with Virgil Warner (simply called "Virgil Warner & Suzi Jane Hokom") her voice is fantastic! The two songs "Summer wine" and "Lady bird" are amazing and her voice is just a bonus! I have those two songs by Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra too and Nancy's half-crappy voice is pure crap compared to Suzi Jane's if you ask me. The stuff I've heard by Suzi Jane before that record wasn't as good. It's good to hear that she can improve and evolve, I just wished she had done so before. I have managed to mp3 those two songs, so if you want to hear them you can get them through Kazaa!