Bane and Illusion

There is work on a second album now for those who are interested in knowing. More information can be read on the blog.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Studio Update
Category: Music

The recording process is coming along well. The album is shaping up so: 7 songs with an average time of about 7.5 minutes per song. The album will be approximitely 55 minutes long in total. One of the tracks is the re-recording of March of the Norsemen (Now The Storming of the Sea) which was originally recorded in July 2005, re-recorded in July 2006, was suppose to be included on the self-titled release and was taken away because it was so drastically different from the rest of the tracks and didn't fit the concept. But it fits seemingly with this album's concept and ideology.

Guitar recordings are almost complete for all tracks and drumming has been completely tracked for two tracks. This means two of the seven tracks are in almost complete form and once lyrics are written and vocals are recorded a three song demo will be assembled and available for free as a CD-R (asking me with a supplied address will get you a copy of the demo).

It has also come to my attention that the opening track Öndvegssûlur is split into three (almost) drastically different parts while clocking in at almost 10 minutes long. Splitting them into their own songs has almost become not a choice but a neccessity.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Studio Update .3 - Tracklisting and Album Title
Category: Music

Greetings,

The album has been completely finished aside for the vocal tracks. I am expecting to begin on those in the next couple weeks and hopefully finish not too long after that. I am still very much on schedule for the early 2007 release. If I were to follow the "guidelines" of metal genres the only way to really describe this album would be pagan/viking influenced black metal.

Honor the Fallen Steel (Jan/Feb 2007)

1. The Pagan Sacrifice
2. To Remain Fearless of Mortality
3. Flee the Coming Bloodshed
4. The Fate of Fallen Steel
5. Impending Desolation
6. Return to the Fatherland
7. The Bane of the Sea
8. The Anticlimax

Cover, track lengths, lyrics and track/album interpretations will be released at a later date.

As promised the new song, <b>To Remain Fearless of Mortality</b>, has been added to the official Bane and Illusion Myspace profile. It is a 7 minute 40 second epic which comes from the new release <b>Honor the Fallen Steel</b> which will be released in Jan/Feb 2007.You can download this song straight from the Myspace profile or from this link:<br><br><a href="http://dl021.filefactory.com/dl/f/1e453b/b/7/h/e73fb0c5870a0dfc/">DOWNLOAD TO REMAIN FEARLESS OF MORTALITY FROM FILE FACTORY</a><br><br>Click this link if you want to stream the song from Put File:<br><br><a href="http://media.putfile.com/Bane-and-Illusion---To-Remain-Fearless-of-Mortality">Click here to watch 'Bane-and-Illusion---To-Remain-Fearless-of-Mortality'</a><br><br>If you are interested in pre-ordering the full-length CD-R demo e-mail me at baneandillusion@gmail.com or send me a PM on Myspace. There will be only 50 copies available at 7 € ($10).