"Bar Rock/Metal" recommendations

bbooze

New Metal Member
Feb 7, 2009
I've been trying to get more bar hard rock style albums lately but realize I don't know what bands I should be checking out. The kind of bands I mean are pretty much anything with a grungier whiskey slammin' sound... I've got some Drunk Horse, Fight Paris, Backyard Babies, Priestess and what not. Obviously I already have plenty of ultra huge bands like Def Leppard... mainly looking for newer bands presumably not as big. Any recommends?

I hate the kinda music most metal/rock bars play tbh. It's like they're trying not to offend anyone so they just play shitty boring stuff that I can believe anyone really likes.

Darkthrone's past few albums are drinking music of the very best kind.

King Crimson, Focus, Yes, Camel.

I play Death and Obituary at my local watering hole all the time, I don't know what you're talking about.

Until it changed management the bar my mate works at used to have Nasum/Napalm Death/Negura Bunget/Naglfar on all the time.

Something about the letter N. Great thing is that loads of the older people don't seem to mind Negura Bunget.

tankard_best.jpg

Until it changed management the bar my mate works at used to have Nasum/Napalm Death/Negura Bunget/Naglfar on all the time.

Something about the letter N. Great thing is that loads of the older people don't seem to mind Negura Bunget.

damn I wish my jukebox at the bar had Napalm Death!

on another note, wouldn't Entombed - Wolverine Blues be a good pick for bar music?

The only Motorhead album I like is Inferno, or whatever the newest one is called.

Whorehouse blues ftw.