Barker out, Bostaph in

I feel bad for Barker, I hope this doesn't change the sound, speed and heaviness of the album...and I really want this album to be recorded before another "problem" shows up, I can't wait to hear this f**kin record!

What the fuck, this is fucking bullshit man owell whats done is done. I guess living in England didn't help Barker much, but he could be back in the future who knows???? Bostaph will be a decent replacement I guess, but I really wanted to hear what Nick could do since Bostaphs drumming is so predictable its become stale.

Darn this kind of sucks I was really looking forward to hearing nick but I know Paul is a fantastic drummer also so the CD will still be brutal.

this fucking sucks.I mean this is american bullshit.probably Bostaph is a slightly better drummer,comparable anyway,but I was curious as fuck to listen to some new Testament songs with Nick Barker.

I don't know that Bostaph is a better drummer than Barker. He's definitely not as fast. Paul's no slouch, but he's very different from Nick. Hopefully Barker gets to play on the next one but I'm not holding my breath.

Well apparently its over for good, below is Nicks statement on the matter...

"As you all know after yesterday's post here on Blabbermouth.net, I am with great disappointment and deep-filled sadness no longer involved in the making of the much-anticipated, eagerly awaited new TESTAMENT album, to be released on Nuclear Blast Records in the spring of 2008.

"Let me fill everyone in on my situation surrounding this and quash any rumours/speculations before the fork-tongued, venomous Blabber gossip-mongers start talking their usual shit.

"In July of this year, after returning back to the U.S. from a very enjoyable and successful appearance at Waldrock open-air [festival] (Burgum, Holland) I was refused entry into the United States (in Minneapolis en route to San Francisco) due to not having the appropriate visa required by an international artist/entertainer like myself which enables me to enter the country and do my thing, which, of course, in this case was to make music and perform on American soil.

"So that was pretty much why I was unfortunately not on the East Coast shows (Sounds Of The Underground, etc.) in late July and Paul Bostaph [ex-SLAYER, EXODUS, FORBIDDEN, SYSTEMATIC] stepped in.

"Due to the expense and processing/turn-around time required for such a visa under these circumstances, it is with regret simply impossible for me to be where I need to be right now (in California) with the TESTAMENT guys putting the finishing touches to the album/songs/drums and preparing to record. So it makes perfect sense all round to utilize the incredible services of drumming powerhouse Paul Bostaph who is already in the Bay Area, done time with TESTAMENT and is a longtime friend of the band.

"Paul is a phenomenal drummer and will absolutely deliver the goods ten-fold when it comes to the new record. He's also a good friend too and I wish him nothing but the best.

"YOU RULE, BRO!!!! Can't wait for the FORBIDDEN reunion too — I am SO there....

"On a closing note i would like to sincerely thank from the bottom my heart Chuck [Billy], Eric [Peterson], Alex [Skolnick], Greg [Christian] and all of the TESTA-crew for such a fantastic, fun-filled, very memorable time spent on the road and in the studio. It was truly an honor and a pleasure to share a stage with you guys and travel the four corners of the world (Australia, Brazil, China, Korea, U.S., Europe, etc) as your drummer and fellow comrade.

"I can honestly say to the Blabber readers out there that the new album is simply gonna kick major-league ass and will show all these wanna-be pretenders to the throne TESTAMENT IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!"

oooh hell yeah, what a great guy Nick Barker! Sad news that you're leaving testament, maybe you will be behind the drums on an upcoming european tour 2008!? I hope the album is gonna "kick major-league ass"....
In what town/studio are they recording?

The guy definitely has some miles racked up, Slayer, Exodus, Forbidden, Testament.... im sure he will fit in on the new album. I wonder if they are still going to use Blastbeats like Chuck mentioned.

hopefully he will return at his old style-Twisted Into Form era-of drumming.that shit was amazing,better than what he did with Slayer.

Nick´s message is very cool, he´s acting very gentleman-like here. US visa policy totally sucks, had to deal with that too :)

anyway, I think Bostaph will fit better, he´s a Thrasher and always been one, plus he´s excellent.

still, the player I liked best at Testament plays at the "Live in London" , no, not Louie ;)

Ar first, best of luck to Mr. Barker! I hope he finds a new, great band to display his talent in. As for Paul, I can say that he's a terrific drummer, whose skills had been verified by Testament in the past. He's more of a Thrash drummer than Nick and I'm confident he'll do an amazing job and will fit the band very well.

Ar first, best of luck to Mr. Barker! I hope he finds a new, great band to display his talent in. As for Paul, I can say that he's a terrific drummer, whose skills had been verified by Testament in the past. He's more of a Thrash drummer than Nick and I'm confident he'll do an amazing job and will fit the band very well.

Nick's playing on the next Benediction album. It's suppose to be out in March of 2008, just like another band we know.

Good for them and him, I suppose. I saw him play a two or three song cameo with Benediction on a festival here in Poland, where they were headlining the small stage (Testament headlined the main one) and both parts seemed to enjoy this colaboration a lot. They sounded thunderous

I hoped Tempesta would fill in, i think the LOW record has the best drumming of any TESTAMENT records ever (yes, Gahtering is also not bad). I like the drumming on Hail Mary and Legions.
I think Bostaph is a good if not better replacement for Barker. His origins are in the bay area thrash scene.
Can't wait fo rthe new record!

Bostaph is a better drummer than Nick Barker.

They're better off with Bostaph.

Nick Barker is OK, he's just played with a couple of very popular bands. Bostaph is an old SLAYER hand, so he gets my nod.

How is Bostaph better than Barker? His speed and precision is nowhere near the level of Barker's.

Nick has played in several bands who weren't popular. Lock Up, Brujeria, Old Man's Child and now Benediction are hardly popular bands. Like Dimmu or Cradle were ever as big as Slayer.

I still hope Barker records with Testament, obviously not this record, hopefully the next.

How is Bostaph better than Barker? His speed and precision is nowhere near the level of Barker's.

Nick has played in several bands who weren't popular. Lock Up, Brujeria, Old Man's Child and now Benediction are hardly popular bands. Like Dimmu or Cradle were ever as big as Slayer.

I still hope Barker records with Testament, obviously not this record, hopefully the next.

I'll have to disagree with the comment "Like Dimmu or Cradle were as big as Slayer"! Holds no water my friend! Bostaph is a great drummer as is Barker, telling me one is better than the other is insane!:headbang: