Baroness

Revell

Mother Puncher
Aug 17, 2008
New Zealand
Great sludgy/progressive band. They've got a bit of a Mastodon-ish vibe going on, so if you like Mastodon then definitely give these guys a try. Only found out about them a few weeks ago, and I'm really digging their stuff. Their first studio album (Red Album) came out in 2007, and their second (Blue Record) came out a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Baroness are awesome, the new album is really good, Swollen & Halo, The Gnashing and The Sweetest Curse are my favourite tracks of it, you should check out the EPs they released, also amazing.

EDIT: This is off one of the EP's

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanderlust = Ownage
I'll listen to some more when I get a chance, but good find, I'm intruiged :)

Never got the fuss about Baroness. Persuade me otherwise pl0x

Three little girls who didn't get the fuss about Baroness were out at midnight listening to T-Pain. An axe murderer came along and axe-raped their faces in a forest then stuck them down a chimney. If you don't get the fuss about Baroness (or copy and paste this to 1,000 people) the axe murderer will come to your house at midnight tomorrow and axe-rape your face too.

Persuaded? :lol:

:guh:

*orders both albums on amazon*

Good man. :kickass: I just bought both of em a few days ago. Great band, great albums.

But seriously Dave, did you give Red Sky a listen? I think I remember you saying you like Remission (correct me if I'm wrong), and some of Baroness' older stuff is similar-ish. Although I hate trying to make comparisons, that's one way I'd put it. :p

p.s. The axe murderer is a fag

The_shining_heres_johnny_1_.jpg

NO U