Bassist Out of Control

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I have an interview coming up with Rev. Jones...
If you don't think this will come up in it you're out of your mind!

MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP (MSG) bassist Rev Jones has issued the following statement regarding guitarist Michael Schenker's performance at the group's recent shows in Japan and Thailand:

"I want to apologize to all the fans that wrote to me and all the fans in Japan and Thailand for the talentless guitar player that took place on stage next to me at the last three MSG shows. I myself could not believe how bad Schenker played. Although me, Pete [Holmes, drums], Jari [Tiura; vocals], and Wayne [Findley; guitar/keyboards] all gave 110%, in my eyes he gave less then 1% and that is so disrespectful not only to the band and the crew but also to the loyal MSG fans. So again I apologize for his actions because he would never apologize himself. We have two more shows and it is OVER."

As previously reported, Schenker was forced to cancel MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP's concert at Tokyo, Japan's Nakano Sunplaza after three songs Friday night (Nov. 17) because he was allegedly suffering from an unspecified illness. A detailed report on the show can be found at this location.

Schenker recently cancelled a MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP U.S. tour due to a disagreement with the group's vocalist, Jari Tiura.

Well, can't disagree with him... Saw them half year ago or so and the band indeed should look for a more interested guitar player . Sad but true...:cry:

MSG rocked in Wacken...can't believe their/Schenkers performance is so bad now...
What about this unspecified illness? Sounds dangerous...

MSG rocked in Wacken...can't believe their/Schenkers performance is so bad now...

Probably just Japanese flue or so.... Cool they did rock in Wacken...Well, the gig I saw in Holland rocked to, Michael played it almost flawless. But if he seemed totaly uninterested in what he was doing, while the rest of the band gave 100%. My "little" buddy Stefan was ready to pull him off stage and shake him awake !! :zombie:

I may be talking shit big time, but considering Michael history of alcohol abuse, the illnes can be from drunkness to a really bad liver cirrhosis.

In anycase I read Rev statement in another site as well as an "official" one from the management of Michael which put the whole cancellation affair in a nice pastel pink story. Who are you going to believe? :Smug:

I may be talking shit big time, but considering Michael history of alcohol abuse, the illnes can be from drunkness to a really bad liver cirrhosis.

In anycase I read Rev statement in another site as well as an "official" one from the management of Michael which put the whole cancellation affair in a nice pastel pink story. Who are you going to believe? :Smug:

I would say that there are three sides to every story...
And you're correct, the complications from substance abuse could range from depression or other health conditions. One thing that most people aren't aware about is that there is a high percentage of substance abusers that have a dual diagnosis, which means the mental illness has been present (for years) and the alcohol or drug abuse came later as a means to self medicate or "feel normal."
I think Schenker has blown a gasket again, I hope he pulls through.