Votes: 96 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
After four intense rounds, the field has been whittled down from 32 to the final two bands: Anthrax vs. Opeth. It all comes down to this. The loser gets sent packing, and the winner, well, also gets nothing. Well, if they really want, they can come over to my place for a beer.

On the road to the final, Anthrax has fended off Immortal, Borknagar, At The Gates, and most recently handed Emperor a 34-26 loss. Opeth, on the other hand, took out Arcturus, The Project Hate, and Slayer, before barely breaking a sweat to beat In Flames 109-40.

Which band do you like better and why?

If you've never heard of either of these bands, I suggest you leave this board promptly, and perhaps check out The Backstreet Boys latest offering. However, for the benefit of those that might be sitting on the fence, fans are encouraged to recommend songs or albums that may sway the voting.

This poll will self-destruct in 72 hours.

Reactions: Rusty
I can't believe Dark Tranquillity isn't here.
Really, I can't.

:(

[over]

[edit] Or any other bands! ...I mean... Anthrax and Opeth! Of all those metalbands..... *weeps*

Np: For My Fallen Angel

As if I needed to post, but obviously I voted for Anthrax.

I like Opeth's music but have trouble getting past any band that has the Cookie Monster on vocals :D Anthrax is the complete package...they helped pioneer the thrash genre with Joey, and have only gotten better with John. I'm still waiting very impatiently for the new album!

I don't know who to vote for
I am still pissed that Anthrax took At the Gates out
but I don't want to contribute in Opeth's serious smashing
what do I do?

At the beginnig of BOTB I had never heard Anthrax before, and I now realize I was missing out! Ask me this question two months ago and I would say Opeth, ask me now, and Anthrax has my vote!

Reactions: nafnikufesin
OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH OPETH etc.

Reactions: midwintertears