Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
As voting is winding down in the first match of round one, we'll get started on the second matchup: Faith No More vs. Guns N Roses.

Both bands arrived on the scene in the late 80's and brought a unique sound to the metal scene. FNM's 15 minutes are up now that the band is no longer with us, and we'll see if GNR is far behind as Axl tries to rise from the grave with his new tour (and this mythical new album "Chinese Democracy"...will it really be released?).

So who do you like better?

I voted GNR as well. "The Spaghetti Incident?" was a huge let down, but I thought the Use Your Illusions albums were a great set.

Imagine if they'd trimmed the fat off of those two albums to combine the best stuff for a single album (maybe leaving the rest for b-sides)...it might have been one of the greatest metal albums of all-time...until John started to sing for Anthrax, anyway :)

This is such a tough choice. To their credit gnr introduced so many people to heavy metal,loads of people I knew who wouldn't touch heavy metal all of a sudden wanted to borrow albums off me. A4D is a classic, when it came out I was into death metal (just death metal) but I bought it and loved it.
However I'm gonna vote Faith no More, better quality over more albums....... :)

FNM because of the album "King for a day.........."the rest is shit to me, "Destruction"is GNR best album .Have to agree with NafNIK comebine Use 1&2 and you get the best"
The new Guns album is released a day after "We Never Come For You All, The Album That Never Gets a Release........."

Originally posted by dutchy
The new Guns album is released a day after "We Never Come For You All, The Album That Never Gets a Release........."
:lol:

Have some faith...We've Come For You All should have nowhere near the amount of delay that Chinese Democracy has had. It's only been 4 years since the last Anthrax studio album, compared to the 10 year wait GNR fans have had.

This is shaping up to be a very close race...I hope this one doesn't get decided by a coin flip. :)

Wow did you guys pick a strange match up, at least for me. Your talking to the AugDawg! I personally may be one the biggest Faith No More fans ever! Faith No More is the only band that I think I may have almost everything they have put out including all their studio albums, imports, singles, import singles, etc. I think in all I have like 35 total Faith No More CD's and I personally can't stomach GNR, but I would admit that "Appetite for Destruction" is a great album. So who do you think I voted for? uh, duhhhh! It's Faith No More for sure. Didn't mean to offend any GNR fans their just not my cup of tea, or keg of beer, or gallon of Hennessy!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Well, first off, there is a gnr album called Use your Illusions, all the best from the 2 albums. It's half yellow cover and half blue cover. K-MART has it i know.... I'd have to say for quality of albums, FNM, hands down. However, I'm w/ bRaT, too many parties blaring GNF'NR for me to throw them to the wayside...
GNR is my vote.
Good times.

BTW, Satan called, he said it's nice and toasty in hell and he's not worried one fucking bit about the fabled "Chinese Democracy" EVER being released! And if it is, it will be under AXL ROSE. there is just no way in hell he could even fathom to call this 9 piece band GUNS-N-ROSES! I know he ownes the name, but its not GNR, if he had any respect he'd let that band die finally.

to axls credit,in an interview years ago when asked if he liked fnm he said"i saw them last week in concert,im jealous ive just seen the future of rock n roll!!!!!