Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Okay, this is the last match of the first round...there's been some close matches so far, as well as some surprises. Today's match: AC/DC vs. Van Halen

Another odd pairing? Maybe, but they have a couple things in common. Both bands were formed around the nucleus of two brothers, with Angus and Eddie being iconic guitarists for their time. Both bands have also managed to pull off the rare feat of continuing to be successful after changing lead singers. (I'd like to include Anthrax on that list, but while they've improved as a band, sadly their sales have not).

So who do you like better?

I respect Halen and what they have done in the career, but I think I like AC/DC more...

and of course Angus and Eddie are both awesome guitarisits...

I went for Van Halen, their song varies and progresses, which is what I like in a band. AC/DC don't, even though hats off for AC/DC for lasting as long as they have, and their influence in rock and metal.

AC/DC hands down :headbang:

I liked Van Halen with DLR, and 1984 is a great album, but I didn't like Van Hagar. While AC/DC isn't quite as consistent with Brian on vocals compared to Bon, they have never swayed from playing kick-ass high voltage rock'n'roll, no matter what trends came and went. AC/DC was my favorite band up until John started singing for Anthrax, and they remian my #2 favorite. I've seen them live on their last five tours, and Angus never ceases to amaze.

goddamn this is gonna take me some time. I've never owned an AC/DC album
but I liked every song I heard. I liked van halen with hager too. Ummm but I like new AC/DC thats come out recently. was it stiff upper lip? and I didn't like the new guy in van halen, so I'm gonna have to go with AC/DC
-Jono-

Yeah, Stiff Upper Lip was the new album. The usual assotment of rockin' tracks, although a bit weaker than some of their albums...and a real dissappointment after waiting for 5 years for a followup to Ballbreaker.

Gary Cherone is (was?) the new VH singer, formerly of Extreme. Between Nuno and Eddie, he's had the fortune to work with two incredible guitarists, but he doesn't have the vocals for that kind of music.

I thought Stiff Upper lip was a great album. It is one you can sit down and listen to track by track without getting bored. I still voted Halen because they are a little more diverse. Kind of a hard matchup.

I'm gonna go with VH. I think ac/dc is a band you like when you first discover metal. You dig them for a bit then realize that all 20 albums sound the same and you get a bit bored with them. But that could be just me.

Van Halen, because none of their albums sound repeated.
Van Halen, because none of their albums sound repeated.

Dammit, I pulled an AC/DC.
Dammit, I pulled an AC/DC.

I should just stop right now.
I should just stop right now.

ARGH
ARGH

FUCK
FUCK

where is van halen now????????

acadaca havent changed and are rockin harder than ever,van halens music has changed dramatically for the worse these last few years!!!!!!