Votes: 21 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
The competition is really heating up, and tempers are even starting to flare. Remember, kids, it's only a game. The winner receives nothing, and in the end, I'm not sure that the results will amount to anything. Just enjoy and play nice.

Today's match is Opeth vs. Slayer. Opeth opened with a victory over Arcturus 17-12, before convincingly dismantling The Project Hate 20-6. Now they face a test in Slayer, who had no trouble disposing of Madder Mortem 22-4 before overcoming Diabolical Masquerade 16-9.

Who do you like better and why?

For those that haven't heard the bands before, I suggest that you come out of the rock that you're currently living under :lol:

This poll will close in 48 hours.

I have a feeling that this one is going to be one hell of a contest. Opeth has a lot of support on the UM board, but that also may result in fans of other bands in the contest voting against them, while Slayer will come with it's own band of loyal old school followers.

For me, this is no contest. As most of you know, I'm old school, and so Slayer gets my vote. While I don't deny that Opeth's music is good, I have never been a fan of Cookie Monster vocalists.

**realizes that he said that out loud, so runs away before the flaming can begin**

Cookie Monster, waaaaaaaaargH! :D He's my hero!

And I don't like Slayer all that much.. Don't know why everyone is always so.....totally over the moon about Slayer.. :confused: Just because it's old school? :confused:

Slayer is probably my least favorite of the original "big 4", but I'm still a big fan and very loyal to old school metal. The world has changed, and the newer acts just haven't captured my imagination. I guess I'm getting old. :D

As for my earlier thoughts about how people might start strategically voting, it looks like it's started:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75257

Like I said before, it's just a game, guys. Nobody actually gets anything for winning. If you want to gather support from other boards, there's nothing anyone can do to stop you. All I ask is that you vote for the band that you like the best in each match, as opposed to voting against the band that might pose the biggest threat to your favorite band in a later round. Otherwise, the silly poll that was never meant to be too serious in the first place becomes even more of a joke than it already is. :D

Fucking hell. This is a tough decision. I'm going with Opeth though. If the last two Slayer albums had been as good as Reign In Blood or South of Heaven, it would have been Slayer, hands down.