Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Today's match is Dark Tranquility vs. Metallica!

Who do you like better and why?

For the benefit of those that haven't heard the bands before, feel free to post recommended songs to listen to in order to sway the voting.

This poll will close in 48 hours.

Aaaaugghh! Just when I were listening to Punish My Heaven and thought how much this band rules, you put them against Metallica, the band that was everything to me when I was kid? You sadist beast.... Well, I'll go with Metallica. They were more important to me, although (if someone out there doesn't know) they suck now.

Originally posted by Voice of God
Aaaaugghh! Just when I were listening to Punish My Heaven and thought how much this band rules, you put them against Metallica, the band that was everything to me when I was kid? You sadist beast.... Well, I'll go with Metallica. They were more important to me, although (if someone out there doesn't know) they suck now.

Gawd, my feelings exactly!

When they were good, Metallica were the BEST!. I once told an ex gf when she got home and found me non-compus on the sofa listening to Metallica's "Kill 'Em All" that she was hearing the "best band in the world". (Of course she thought I was full of shit and we duly split up...I just BET she has "Load" in her poxy collection and impresses her kitsch friends with the VAST variety of musical styles she has in her collection!) And, despite the shit they spewed forth since "Justice" I still respect them as musicians and (personally) loved "Garage Inc."

Having said all that, I'm still gonna vote for Dark Tranquillity! They are something truly special and will, in due course, rightfully take their place in the Metal "Hall Of Fame"! 'Nuff said i reckon.:cool:

Well, I only liked the first three albums... everything from And Justice For All and afterwards mean nothing to me...

Even considering how much I loved Metallica back in the day, and how I hold those first three albums dear... Only ONE of them still remains dear to my heart...

I voted for Dark Tranquility cause Metallica, Hetfield, Lars and Kirk can kiss my pasty white ass.

looking at the past i'd have to vote for metallica, but we're in 2003, so dark tranquillity get my vote.

argh, this is truly difficult, though.

my vote goes to DT because since 1992 they have donne better music than metallica
tho metallica did excellent stuff in the 80's