Battlelore goes on "indefinite hiatus"

It's a few weeks late, but I just read this on Sonic Cathedral.

Battlelore played their last foreign show for the time being in Belgium, at Metal Female Voices Festival IX, on Friday October 21st 2011. After that the band is going on an indefinite break from touring and making music. This is not the end, however, just a time-out to focus on other aspects of life and build up more creative energy for the future. The plan is to play one more show in Finland before the break to thank the Finnish fans for their support over the years. The details of the last show are not confirmed yet but will be announced as soon as the information comes.

There's no drama behind the decision to go on break, just a need to take a step back and have a breather. We want to thank all of our associates and supporters for the help and work over the past nearly 12 years, we've been lucky to have met and worked with such wonderful people! The biggest thanks definitely go to our amazing fans, without whom none of this would've been possible. We are honoured to have met you all and are humbled by your generosity and support! You all have a place in our hearts and we will always cherish the amazing moments we've shared with you on and off stage. THANK YOU!

"Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo."
(A star shines on the hour of our meeting.)

- Battlelore -

I'm heartbroken. You all know how much I love Battlelore, and the world has so few Tolkien-inspired bands as it is! The world needs them!!!

That's sad! I love Battlelore, I do hope that this isn't the end - they do seem to have been putting out albums really quickly, so maybe a break is due.

They could totally have done a concept album about the Hobbit and released it just in time to cash in on the movie! :p
I mean, they've shown that they can do a wonderful concept album (Doombound).

It scks that these guys are no more, but im sure once the hobbite comes out the LOTR scene will boom again.

They have been producing at such a breakneck pace that the quality was suffering. They need this time out for now. They'll be back after The Hobbit.