BBQ/16mm screening/sort of a birthday party

Jeff Milne

Oct 29, 2002
Visit site
If you're not making the long drive down to San Marcos to see The MaidenS on Saturday the 13th, and if you personally know me [even if not well], you can come to the closest thing to a birthday party that I've had in many years.

It's taking place at my condo on the Torrance/Gardena border. A BBQ starts about 4PM and around 6PM or so there will be the screening of a 16mm print of either Soylent Green or The Shining, plus probably some shorts [all provided by my boss who collects and trades 16mm prints]. Before and after the screening and during reel change breaks, I'll be playing guitar, and if other musicians show up [except drummers sadly, we can't be quite that loud] who knows what might happen. Since this is taking place 5 days before my birthday, it's sort of functioning as a birthday party. Presents aren't expected, but would be accepted.

If you'd like to attend, please email me at jrmilne@aol.com:wave:

Jeff Milne said:
If you're not making the long drive down to San Marcos to see The MaidenS on Saturday the 13th, and if you personally know me [even if not well], you can come to the closest thing to a birthday party that I've had in many years.

It's taking place at my condo on the Torrance/Gardena border. A BBQ starts about 4PM and around 6PM or so there will be the screening of a 16mm print of either Soylent Green or the The Shining, plus probably some shorts [all provided by my boss who collects and trades 16mm prints]. Before and after the screening and during reel change breaks, I'll be playing guitar, and if other musicians show up [except drummers sadly, we can't be quite that loud] who knows what might happen. Since this is taking place 5 days before my birthday, it's sort of functioning as a birthday party. Presents aren't expected, but would be accepted.

If you'd like to attend, please email me at jrmilne@aol.com:wave:
Happy Birthday (in advance) Jeff! Too bad it's on a show night. Sounds like fun! Plus, we'll miss yer headbanging self in the usual place! Have a great one!:headbang:

Air Raid Siren said:
Happy Birthday (in advance) Jeff! Too bad it's on a show night. Sounds like fun! Plus, we'll miss yer headbanging self in the usual place! Have a great one!:headbang:
But I'll see you both one day and seven days before that.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Hope you had a great party, Jeff!! :D Sorry us Maidens couldn't be there for ya!!!! We were kinda caught somewhere in San Marcos! ;)
Had I known any of the MaidenS might have been at all interested in attending, I could have scheduled it for the weekend after my birthday instead of the weekend before. Saturday seemed to be bad for others all well [at least it stopped raining hours before the BBQ started] so it ended up fairly small but nice.

Actually, I have enough food left over [especially chocolate type items] for a 2nd BBQ. If anyone who couldn't make it last weekend was interested in coming by next weekend let me know [jrmilne@aol.com] I might not be able to arrange for another 16mm screening, but I could try.