Be Kind To Poseurs

Demonspell

cheating the polygraph
Apr 29, 2001
dead between the walls
www.ultimatemetal.com
Hello, I'd take to take a minute of your time to speak on behalf a group in society that is subject to frequent discrimination and whose contributions to our community have been far too ignored. Poseurs. I know that the very word brings out negative feelings in people, but we have rights as well and we feel much of the hostility directed towards us is based out of ignorance and prejudice. We have contributed a great deal to the metal community, we give bands like Manowar a reason to exist. We've helped spread objective opinions of albums that would normally have been condemned. But far too often we have been the subject of violence. We have been chased out of concerts, been forced against our will into moshpits, have our opinions dismissed, and been traumatized by people who thinks of us as enemies. Every year, hundreds of poseurs have suffered from denying their identities. One poseur passed out after buying a leather jacket and wearing it to an outdoor summer concert, another punctured himself trying to put on a skull ring, another was punched in the face after claiming to be a black metal fan and failing to recognize a song from Dimmu Borgir's first album. And this doesn't cover thousands of injuries caused by improper headbanging. People always say we're obsessed with image, but we all know that's the true metal fan's problem. We don't live by a set of unwritten rules, we have the freedom to listen to whatever music we want. And several of metal's biggest bands have expressed their solidarity with our cause, if not for us we'd all be listening to Defenders Of The Faith for the millionth time. Poseurs are an important part of the metal community. We outnumber true metal fans, that's why they feel threatned by our open-mindedness. We do not appreciate being called false, and we will not go unheard.

The following public service announcement is brought to you by the Poseurs Anti-Defamation League. I'm a poseur. You're a poseur. He's a poseur. She's a poseur. We're all poseurs. Wouldn't you like to be a poseur too?

this reminds me of one thing, we where working on a project on school(alot of different groups with mixed classes(about 20 in the group)), and one of the leaders brinds ub a cd-player and aske if someone has any music with them... and then one of the others in the group came with some cd's, and he put on In Flames, and I went: wheee, so there is someone with music taste here, but after playing Episode 666, he put on some rap thing :mad: then i lost my respect for him... after that he put on Dimmu Borgirs cover of Burn In Hell, and i asked him if he knew about Twisted Sister... and he just lokked stupid on me and asked who that was... then i got really mad....
FUCK!!! hate ppl like that, it sould not be allowed to listen to that mix of music! :mad:
KILL 'EM ALL!! :heh: