Before and after, G# deathcore with elastic edited guitar DI's

darthjujuu

Nov 17, 2008
Boston
www.myspace.com
I wanted to post a side by side comparison of guitar DI's edited entirely (every transient to the grid) with x-form in protools.

alot of you are offended by such a technique, i find it completely invaluable for this sortof music....especially when spending more than a few hours per song tracking isn't an option. i work two day jobs =[

This is a new project i'm working on, very preliminary mix, no bass/vocals yet. I intend to program the toms and edit some stops in the guitar after they get reamped. the guitar right now is just 8505 for a place-holder.

http://www.atomicballroomcalamity.com/constructs/consNOEA.mp3
http://www.atomicballroomcalamity.com/constructs/consEA.mp3

i think it sounds fucking phenomenal, tight and super transparent. obviously nothing beats flawless technique...but some kids just aren't that good.

I think it sounds brilliant. I assume you played as close as possible to the tempo and then just fixed up the start of each note/chord to the grid? Also, is X-Form the same as using Flex View in Logic Pro?

I know some people on here who are for this kind of stuff record at down to 20 BPM slower than the desired tempo then fix it all up.

Did you do any editing to the DI's other than just lining it up on time?

Also, I love the 8505 tone. Care to elaborate on that?

The drums sound fine to me, by the way.

I think it sounds brilliant. I assume you played as close as possible to the tempo and then just fixed up the start of each note/chord to the grid? Also, is X-Form the same as using Flex View in Logic Pro?

I know some people on here who are for this kind of stuff record at down to 20 BPM slower than the desired tempo then fix it all up.

Did you do any editing to the DI's other than just lining it up on time?

Also, I love the 8505 tone. Care to elaborate on that?

The drums sound fine to me, by the way.

i don't know how it works in logic... in PT, you just snap transients to the grid. x-form is the algorithm used. i'm not sure if it's better than polyphonic or not on guitar DI's, but...judging by how long the render takes i can only presume it's generally the better algorithm.

the tone is just quick n' dirty tss > 8505 > impulse. i don't recall the details, it's getting reamped anyway.

Yeah, I assume that it's just the same thing as Flex Editing. It sounds really good.

Are you planning on doing vocals and what do you have in mind for reamping?

Yeah, I assume that it's just the same thing as Flex Editing. It sounds really good.

Are you planning on doing vocals and what do you have in mind for reamping?

yes, bass and vocals in the weeks to come. this is a band called "constructs" from burlington vermont. ryan (catharsis) will be doing the reamps, and third party mastering most likely by new alliance out of cambridge, MA.