Behemoth "Ov Fire And The Void" Cover

All the riffs are pretty solid, although the guitar seems constricted and the bass guitar gets a tad bit overwhelming. Snare gets lost a little in the mix at times, except when the blast beats come in, then it becomes a bit loud in the mix. Some of the cymbals before the solo seem a bit high in the mix, and the solo tone seems a bit thin for this song. (Just in reference to the original track.)

Altogether this is a pretty tight performance and with some tweaks this could be a great cover of an amazing song.

All the riffs are pretty solid, although the guitar seems constricted and the bass guitar gets a tad bit overwhelming. Snare gets lost a little in the mix at times, except when the blast beats come in, then it becomes a bit loud in the mix. Some of the cymbals before the solo seem a bit high in the mix, and the solo tone seems a bit thin for this song. (Just in reference to the original track.)

Altogether this is a pretty tight performance and with some tweaks this could be a great cover of an amazing song.

Thank you!
I have a bit of automation to do. :cool:

I'd love to cover this song, just so I could do the vocals. Seriously epic lyrics in this.

Fuck Yeah, Behemoth ...

I actually had a song going where I combined Summoning of the Ancient Ones with from the Pagan Vastlands in the newer sound, would anyone here be interested in doing vocals on that ?

Your playing is good, the mix is ok, but I'd take some of the bass out and make it more distorted, but Orions bass is hard to cover, its just to damn good.

I think bass has a lot jobs to do. (low frequencies need 3-4 dB volume reduction maybe)
What impulse did you use for guitars? ...and ampsim or real amp?

Your playing is good, the mix is ok, but I'd take some of the bass out and make it more distorted, but Orions bass is hard to cover, its just to damn good.

It's not my playing. I'm the vocalist. :rolleyes:
And the playing is a little eh, if you want to know. I let my guitarist track the stuff himself since I had some errands to run and he didn't compensate for the latency so after he got done recording Nergal's guitar, and went to start on Seth's, he randomly went along with the drums OR Nergal's guitar. So, some parts are off.

I think bass has a lot jobs to do. (low frequencies need 3-4 dB volume reduction maybe)
What impulse did you use for guitars? ...and ampsim or real amp?

POD Farm with a Mesa 4x12 miked with an AT3035 impulse.
I wish I had good real amps. POD Farm isn't going to do any justice to these guitars. Heh.

I used the Lecto and LeXtac for rythm guitars, polish deathmetal is total Rectifier land, and the new Behemoth is pretty much Dual Rec mixed with Bogner and some Summatone in there, the guitar tone should be doable with those plugins.
You're obviously never gonna get dead on, but you can gert some sweet tones out of there for sure.
Bass needs some work yeah, but then again you already nailed some of the caracteristics (especially clarity and punch), but there is still some organic distortion missing.I'd also try to aim more for the Richardson drum sound with the really snappy snare, although thats certainly something out of the ordinary on this forum (*cough* Slate *cough*).
Also, more awesomeness on the kick pls.

/Yeah with that guitar thing, when I wrote that stuff I was only thru with the intro, there is some wierdness later on in Seth's part, yeah.
Also didn't understand you didn't do them :D