Behexen - Orthodox Occult Omega

KevenZ

New Metal Member
Feb 2, 2006
Hammer of Hate is proud and very honoured to
announce that the Finnish Black Metal cultists BEHEXEN signs with HoH and are preparing to record a new full-lenght album "Orthodox Occult Omega" which will be released in limited digibook, regular CD and of course noble vinyl format later this year. www.behexen.tk

I listened to a Behexen album a few days ago and was not terribly impressed.

:lol: They're okay, but firmly part of the whole "polished but raw, with a clear formulaic approach" Black Metal trend. Not overly impressive, but not total crap either. Background music more than anything.

Sorry man... I gave them a good shot too, but I just found the majority of their work pretty average. The standout for me was "By The Blessing Of Satan", and only because of the vocals.

The vast majority of the Finnish Black Metal scene is particularly trite,I'm afraid. They also seem to be quite the clowns, giving a small, independent record label in Canada a hard time because she signed a Finnish Black/Punk Metal band that uses humor, so they're obviously not 'true.' Show me a Finnish Black Metal band that isn't redundant, or at least interesting, please, and I'll gladly listen to them. And I mean bands of today, not Beherit or Kyprian's Circle. I'm sure there are a couple that I'm not thinking of though, but it's definitely not Sargeist or Behexen.

I would say Wyrd, but they are less black metal today than they were in the 90s. :erk:

Ah yes, Clandestine Blaze should definitely be up there. They are quite sophisticated compared to most finnish acts. Enochian Crescent as well. I am guessing you probably don't care for Satanic Warmaster, though.