Behold... THe Arctopus announce U.S. tour & cd release date!

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
Ah, glorious news!

Behold... The Arctopus will release their new album "Skullgrind" on October 16!

Dates for U.S. Tour with Dillinger Escape Plan, A Life Once Lost, and Ghengis Tron. *Behold... The Arctopus play first everynight, so show up early!

http://www.myspace.com/beholdthearctopus

Oct 4 @ Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
Oct 5 @ Rex Theater - Pittsburgh, PA
Oct 6 @ Subterranean - Chicago, IL
Oct 7 @ Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
Oct 8 @ The Rock - Papillion, NE
Oct 9 @ The Marquis Theater - Denver, CO
Oct 14 @ Galaxy Concert Theater - Santa Ana, CA
Oct 17 @ Java Jazz - Spring, TX
Oct 20 @ Culture Room - Ft Lauderdale, FL
Oct 21 @ Backbooth - Orlando, FL
Oct 22 @ Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
Oct 23 @ The Ottobar - Baltimore, MD
Oct 25 @ The Middle East - Cambridge, MA

I know Dillinger Escape Plan is the fan-favorite here, but to my knowledge this is the firs time Behold.. The Arctopus have traveled extensively. Prog fans, please check them out :) :headbang:

Second time. They toured with Psyopus and Dysrhythmia last year. But this is their biggest tour by far. Sweet as hell band. Too bad I don't like their support =p

I don't really like A Life Once Lost, but Behold...The Arctopus, Genghis Tron, and DEP are all great. I hope I can make it to this one.

Genghis Tron will be good. Dillinger suck so much. The only decent album they have put out had Mike Patton on vocals.

Second time. They toured with Psyopus and Dysrhythmia last year. But this is their biggest tour by far. Sweet as hell band. Too bad I don't like their support =p

Haha I think they will be the support. Dillinger definitely is a headliner. The first 2 albums and ep were great people!

i honestly have no clue how anyone likes dillenger, everytime i listen i just want to die, a very swift death

behold the arctopus are pretty interesting, i dont particularly like them but they have some crazy intense stuff, they are like a supercharged estradasphere.

estradasphere, now thats an instrumental band that you guys should checkout

I'll be at the Spring, TX show. And yes, sorry to be unclear, it's actually the Dillinger Escape Plan tour and Behold... The Arctopus is the opening support, but as far as I'm concerned, Arctopus touring is far more noteworthy. I'm surprised they are so low on the bill, and not direct support.

Surely many of you have already found out, but I just did... This tour was canceled due to one of the members of Dillinger Escape Plan suffering a broken foot during the filming of a new video. There was a Dallas date added for tonight so I checked the venue website for info and that's when I discovered the change.. I was really looking forward to seeing Behold... The Arctopus :erk:

The dates are being rescheduled for DEP, but I don't know if they will be taking Arctopus with them.

According to the Masquerade's website, DEP/Behold...The Arctopus/Ghengist Tron/A Life Once Lost is now on December 7, so I guess it will be the same bill, just different dates.

According to the Masquerade's website, DEP/Behold...The Arctopus/Ghengist Tron/A Life Once Lost is now on December 7, so I guess it will be the same bill, just different dates.

Hopefully that's the case. So far, no sign of rescheduled dates from the Arctopus camp, but it may take some time. Watch, only DEP gets rescheduled instead of the whole package :cry:

And yes, Skullgrind is a great disc! Apparently it's "in stores today" according to a bulletin they posted. I asked which stores are carrying it, their reply:

it SHOULD be everywhere since metal blade's distro is good, but if you dont see it at your store, tell them to order it. it makes us look better! hahaha,
colin

Ah, glorious news!

Behold... The Arctopus will release their new album "Skullgrind" on October 16!

Dates for U.S. Tour with Dillinger Escape Plan, A Life Once Lost, and Ghengis Tron. *Behold... The Arctopus play first everynight, so show up early!

http://www.myspace.com/beholdthearctopus

Oct 4 @ Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
Oct 5 @ Rex Theater - Pittsburgh, PA
Oct 6 @ Subterranean - Chicago, IL
Oct 7 @ Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
Oct 8 @ The Rock - Papillion, NE
Oct 9 @ The Marquis Theater - Denver, CO
Oct 14 @ Galaxy Concert Theater - Santa Ana, CA
Oct 17 @ Java Jazz - Spring, TX
Oct 20 @ Culture Room - Ft Lauderdale, FL
Oct 21 @ Backbooth - Orlando, FL
Oct 22 @ Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
Oct 23 @ The Ottobar - Baltimore, MD
Oct 25 @ The Middle East - Cambridge, MA

I know Dillinger Escape Plan is the fan-favorite here, but to my knowledge this is the firs time Behold.. The Arctopus have traveled extensively. Prog fans, please check them out :) :headbang:

You like them too? And Dir en grey (we talked about that last year)...

Wow. <3

Well, official word on the DEP tour is that it will be all the same bands except Behold... The Arctopus, who are being replaced by Stolen Babies. :Smug:

I'm pretty sure I won't be showing up now.

I don't know much about Stolen Babies, and I bet I'd prolly like them (based solely on them being on this tour and on The End records).. but I'm just sore because Arctopus was replaced. Could have been anyone that replaced them and I'd be :erk:... Well, almost anyone. :lol: Maybe I should listen to Stolen Babies and not give up on this tour. Maybe I'll make it out yet!

boo, A Life Once Lost is the band who should have been replaced, then this tour would have been awesome! I'll probably still go because I enjoy 3/4 of the bands though.

So I was going through the local Dallas concert listings and saw Behold... The Arctopus playing at a place called The Door with Between The Buried And Me - NEXT MONTH! I thought I was staying on top of their tour schedule, but I guess I slacked off. Can't blame them for choosing BTBAM over Dillinger Escape Plan, but I still wish they'd tour with prog acts instead of this crap. Anyway..

Behold.. The Arctopus
Nov 24 2007 - The Downtown Quarterback - Endicott, New York
Nov 25 2007 - The Khyber w/ Cleric, Satanized - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Nov 26 2007 - Ottobar - Baltimore, Maryland
Nov 27 2007 - Nara Sushi - Richmond, Virginia
Nov 28 2007 - The Reservoir Bar - Carrboro, North Carolina

Between The Buried & Me
August Burns Red
Behold... The Arctopus

Nov 29 2007 - Music Farm - Charleston, South Carolina
Nov 30 2007 - Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Dec 1 2007 - State Theatre - St. Petersburg, Florida