Behringer V-amp 2 clip.....

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Well.....here is a clip that I did last night while I was working on some new material for the band.

I just did some ruff drums on FruityLoops. And tracked guitars and bass in my new Audition 2.0:headbang:

Then used my V-amp2 running on Brit High Gain. Only 2 tracks panned 100%....I was too lazy to layer more.:Smokin:

No effects or processing on the guitars......pretty much just dry. Slammed mix with a little EQ, and L3. That's it.

http://www.myplasticfriends.com/ONE%20MAN%20BAND%20-%2025%20MP3.mp3

Great song and sweet tone. This clip makes me want to pick up one of these bad boys :) .

Damn, and I thought the sound I got was good. You got a killer sond dude!!!

Peter - Bloodsoaked
bloodsoakedlogo666.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the tone is kinda... plastic like?

I've heard some pretty good tones from the v amp2, but in my experience it's got nothing against pod xt when it comes to modelling.

for only having two tracks and no effects/processing, the sound is pretty impressive.

ah, good ole fruity loops is perfect for the quick drum track!

Jackal_Strain said:
Am I the only one who thinks the tone is kinda... plastic like?

I've heard some pretty good tones from the v amp2, but in my experience it's got nothing against pod xt when it comes to modelling.

well...I agree, it is not as good as say the Xt, or the Hd147......

But, you gotta rember, this thing is like 1/3rd the price of an XT, and like an 1/8th the price of the HD147 !!!o_O

Remember, most people listening to your music will never know the difference from a real amp or a v-amp, or pod.

Peter

true, most people wouldn't. Except for maybe studio engineers, some select musicians, and of course...the guys that were involved in the recording. Which should account for like .02% of the people that listen to your Album.:kickass: Well below the legal blood/alcohol limit!:lol:

Sounds quite cool! The mix isn't the best but the guitarsound is quite cool! Do you mind share the setting? I found that the vamp got more clarity using it with impulses instead of the built-in cabsim

xmarcelx said:
Sounds quite cool! The mix isn't the best but the guitarsound is quite cool! Do you mind share the setting? I found that the vamp got more clarity using it with impulses instead of the built-in cabsim

It was just a ruff take anyway.....just grabbing ideas for newsongs on our next cd.:Smokin: It's just Brit HG, on v-amp 4x12 I think. lots of mids and highs and lows nearly dialed to 0.

I heard that using impulses would make it better....but I haven't really mastered the art of impulses yet. I got Voxengo Prestine, and all the stuff I need, but I just can really make it sound as good as say....Backmask's stuff...or some of these other guys doing impulses.:kickass:

With impulses it sounded a bit harsh at the first listen but in the mix with quadtracking the vamp is just too dull while the impulses cut!

I also hear that their is a 3rd party Vamp editor that will convert Line6 PoD patches to behringer V-amp.:err:

But, I'm not sure if it is just POD or POD XT ?? I wouldn't even try it if it would not do XT stuff. Cause I've heard some good stuff on this board from a select few XT users!:kickass: