behringer v-amp?

I have a V-Amp pro, the rackmount version, that I use for screwing around and for recording scratch tracks. It's decent. I think it's just as good as the POD personally. I however would never track guitars with it, but that's just because I hate modelers. :)

xmidihcx said:
hey i just was looking at some amp simulators and I came across what appears to be behringer's take on the line 6 pod? has anyone used it? it's only $99, probably sounds exactly like the pod. oh well. . .:dopey:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=480674

I own a V-amp 2, it's fairly good for the price but a Pod XT with the metal pack it's way better.

The Behringer is good if you are on a serious budget problem and still have to record some guitar tones for demos etc...

I like some of the distorted amps (the rectifier model's not bad) but it shines particularly in the clean department.

Don't ever use it live with a MIDI pedalboard, the switching between the patches have some SERIOUS latency problems (little intervals of time occurs jumping from patch to patch).

I own both a V-Amp and a POD, and here's the V-Amp: Bad noise gate, buggy, breaks easily, and overall sounds worse than the POD.

But, like anything, it may work if you know how to use it properly. I've done some ok recordings with it, and it's fine for tracking bass and overdubs.

I keep it as a backup, but I never managed to break a POD. Actually, the V-Amp broke first, LOL. Everyone I know who owns a V-Amp have some nasty problems with it from time to time.

xmidihcx said:
hey i just was looking at some amp simulators and I came across what appears to be behringer's take on the line 6 pod? has anyone used it? it's only $99, probably sounds exactly like the pod. oh well. . .:dopey:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=480674

What are you going to use it for....

Recording - NO
Messing around and scratch tracking - Does it really matter at that point...it is just to get an idea down....not to sound good.

I have a V-amp 2 and i have to say that i wish i'd got the pod instead, but i was too stingy. However, i think it is good, and also better value for money than the pod (it is VERY cheap). The range of tones is good and it does most pretty well. There's something funny about the distortion sound though... here's a quick track to using V-amp only

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1C7SV6TNRPVZX3PCPG1SYTGA3Q

Also, any opinions on this mix??

Ravenous Enemy said:
I have a V-amp 2 and i have to say that i wish i'd got the pod instead, but i was too stingy. However, i think it is good, and also better value for money than the pod (it is VERY cheap). The range of tones is good and it does most pretty well. There's something funny about the distortion sound though... here's a quick track to using V-amp only

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1C7SV6TNRPVZX3PCPG1SYTGA3Q

Also, any opinions on this mix??

i love the snare on this man, nice pop, and the kick, lemme guess andy's samples?

Ravenous - really nice drum progging and playing/composition here.

I think these are the penultimate example of behringer/"direct sounding" guitars.

I think to help awaken and liven modeled direct stuff you really need to tweak post recording. Bob (if he were to introduce himself in a james bondian way it would be... "Bob... Black Neon Bob") is getting the best direct pod tones around right now, imo.

If you have the bbe sonic max plugin, that'll REALLY help if you dont put either knob past noon, and of course the c4 plug for low mid mud, and I also really like psp vintage warmer to tweak the problem 6k-7k fizzle/sizzle area and to sometimes juice the high mid 2.5k area for lead stuff.

You obviously play very well and I dig the riffing, but the tone is very bland/direct/behringer and its not your fault. =)

I'm 93% sure that is an andy kick, and about 80% on it being an andy snare too.

EtherForBreakfast said:
I think to help awaken and liven modeled direct stuff you really need to tweak post recording. Bob (if he were to introduce himself in a james bondian way it would be... "Bob... Black Neon Bob") is getting the best direct pod tones around right now, imo.

I also think he's getting the most realistic sounding drums from dfhs as well

DSS3 said:
aven't heard Tesseract, aye?

http://www.tesseractband.co.uk/sounds.php

;)

Not to know on Bob. Bob > *.
first of all i hate that snare sound sounds like a pop and nothing else it's compressed to shit, and then some, no meat to it, and not too keen on the tom's either, they dont sound too well programmed, i agree it sounds like an acoustic kit rather than dfhs, but i dont like the drum sound really

LynchpiN said:
By the way, I'll do a blind test with the POD x V-Amp x Boss GT8 in this forum soon.

sweeeeeeeet! thanks everyone for your feedback. behringer seems to be a team of playa hatas that jack everyone's ideas. i'm gonna go with the pod but lately i've been so satisfied with just a tube preamp into guitarsuite. i may also throw my v-wah into the mix and see how that goes. . .

cobhc said:
i love the snare on this man, nice pop, and the kick, lemme guess andy's samples?

EtherForBreakfast said:

If you have the bbe sonic max plugin, that'll REALLY help if you dont put either knob past noon, and of course the c4 plug for low mid mud, and I also really like psp vintage warmer to tweak the problem 6k-7k fizzle/sizzle area and to sometimes juice the high mid 2.5k area for lead stuff.

You obviously play very well and I dig the riffing, but the tone is very bland/direct/behringer and its not your fault. =)

I'm 93% sure that is an andy kick, and about 80% on it being an andy snare too.

Thanks very much for your feedback and tips, cheers! Both right about the drums, Andy's samples. I think the kick is designed for something a bit heavier though.

I dont have any of those plugins.. where can i get 'em?

That's what i mean about the tone - no 'sparkle' - very bland. But i don't think i'll get much better out of the ol V-amp. There's no post eq'ing on anything at all, so maybe it could be inproved it in that way though.

the v-amp pro is an amazing value for $150...i don't know that i would record high gain stuff with it for any serious sessions, but it's great for recording demo/scratch stuff with a good sound...there are some really nice clean and fx patches on it as well

here's a tune i recorded with mine if anyone wants to check it out

http://disvisioned.net/clips/cobrahead_vamp_core.mp3