BELLUM Featuring Former DEVILDRIVER Members: 'Kill The Man' Video Released

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Kill The Man", the new video from Santa Barbara, California-based metallers BELLUM, who feature in their ranks two founding members of the bands DEVILDRIVER (Evan Pitts and Jonathan Miller) and BUILT ON DECAY (Alex Chantes and Andy Villasenor), can be seen below. The song is the title track of BELLUM's debut album, which will be released on November 7.In a recent interview with Metal Assault, Jonathan stated about the formation of BELLUM: "Well, I was one of the founding members of DEVILDRIVER along with Evan Pitts, and played on the first five records. I left DEVILDRIVER in 2011 and I started playing with Evan's project BELLUM. This project was something that was almost ten years in the making, and for the reasons that I left DEVILDRIVER, it was a nice change for me to get back together with Evan because he wrote the first DEVILDRIVER record and he started the band with Dez [Fafara]. It's pretty cool that we're getting a second shot at this."Regarding BELLUM's musical direction, Jonathan said: "I spent ten years of my life in DEVILDRIVER, and that was my dream come true. Those guys were my brothers, they were my blood. I left to get sober and there were broken and strained relationships. I did a complete 180, went into sober living and started working spiritual principles on my life. I tried to clean up the mess that I made, and it hasn’t been reciprocated by some of the people, but that's okay. It's not for me to decide when someone wants to make peace. But I didn't even want to pick up a guitar again, I didn't want to play music and I wasn't inspired, but when I started hanging out with Evan again, something just drew me in. The music was good, the vocals were right where I wanted them to be, and I feel like I'm supposed to be doing this. It feels good right now, the vibe is there and I feel like there's a higher power at work. That's where it’s supposed to be."BELLUM is:Evan Pitts - Vocals, GuitarJonathan Miller - BassAlex Chantes - DrumsAndy Villasenor - Guitar
Interview (audio):

More...