Beloved (the film)

Folklore

Orphaned Avi (not drumer)
Sep 18, 2002
Israel
www.orphaned-land.co.il
Beloved is based on a Toni Morrison book. The story is about a slave is visited by the spirit of her deceased daughter.
Its a highly complicated plot with lots of deep themes about slavery of the black people in america, maternal nature of nurturing, Growing up in post-bondage time and all sorts of hard issues like these

I dont think its an easy to watch sort of film, it takes some time to get into the story. The movie itself is teeming with supernatural belifs like ghosts, voodoo preaching and more, yet Oprah Winfrey's and Danny Glover's act on the film is graceful ! Beautiful and hard film.

0788815474.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0788815474.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Don't mess with The O, or else hordes of middle-aged house wives will attack you in your sleep!

You guys- this is turning into a weird topic. discussing Oprah in a metalforum :confused:
Now the film- since we are talking this topic. did anyone see Paradise Now from the Dutch/ Palestine director which won a Golden Globe?
The movie is about the last 24 hours of two Palestine guys who are about to commit suicide by blowing themselves up in Tel Aviv. It is easy to say anything on the topic before you have seen the film, but please tell me how you feel about it when you've seen it.
I am lookng all over the internet for this movie.