Belphegor - Blood Magick Necromance

Doomguy

This is huh, wow...
Apr 7, 2009
Melbourne, Aus
Belphegor%20-%20Blood%20Magick%20Necromance.jpg

Austrian blackened death metal outfit BELPHEGOR will release their ninth full-length studio album, "Blood Magick Necromance", on January 14, 2011 in Europe and on February 8, 2011 in the U.S. via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was produced by Peter Tägtgren (IMMORTAL, CELTIC FROST, HYPOCRISY, DIMMU BORGIR) at his Abyss Studios in Pärlby, Sweden and mastered by Jonas Kjellgren.

"Blood Magick Necromance" track listing:

01. In Blood - Devour This Sanctity
02. Rise To Fall And Fall To Rise
03. Blood Magick Necromance
04. Discipline Through Punishment
05. Angeli Mortis De Profundis
06. Impaled Upon The Tongue Of Sathan
07. Possessed Burning Eyes
08. Sado Messiah

BELPHEGORhas tapped two artists from Austria for artwork purposes: Helmut Wolech (a fetish photographer and former mortician) and Joachim Luetke for the magickal graphics and cover artwork.

"This will be the most epic and monumental BELPHEGOR Werk to date," commented frontman Helmuth.

BELPHEGOR bassist Serpenth previously stated about the band's upcoming CD, "[The new material is] BELPHEGOR to the bone — nine monumental, epic arrangements. The sound collages have a haunting, ritualistic atmosphere. Werk IX will be the longest playing BELPHEGOR album yet."

"Walpurgis Rites - Hexenwahn", the eighth full-length studio album from BELPHEGOR, entered the official chart in the band's home country at position No. 60 and in Germany at No. 99. The follow-up to 2008's "Bondage Goat Zombie" was recorded at Andy Classen's (LEGION OF THE DAMNED, DEW-SCENTED, NEAERA, ASPHYX) Stage One Studios in Kassel, Germany.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148515

Thoughts on this? I can't wait to hear it personally; hopefully it'll continue on the same vibe as Walpurgis Rites.

Havent heard Walpurgis but I have Bondage Goat Zombie, which I love, and Pestakolypse, which is decent, a few really good tracks like Hell's Ambassador. They make it sound pretty awesome so I'll have to check it out.

I used to really like Belphegor but they tend to stick to the same formula every time so I've grown really bored of them the last few years.

But no Andy Classen? That's great news actually, this album might sound ok, at least production-wise.

Last album was one of the worst metal albums of 2009. Most of their albums before that are highly enjoyable. Another Lucifer Incestus, Goatreich or Bondage Goat Zombie would be good, but not another Walpurgis Rites.

I'm not expecting much, considering how awful was Walpurgis. I enjoy Bondage Goat Zombie and they play great shows, hope they release something at least decent.

I can't believe people are saying Bondage Goat Zombie is good. lol. Trash album. Walpurgis Rites was a step in the right direction.