A7

Live to Win
Feb 9, 2008
Makati, Philippines
www.myspace.com
I got this memo from Linda McDonald of Phantom Blue and The Iron Maidens:

BENEFIT CONCERT for MICHELLE MELDRUM & FAMILY

ALL-STAR CONCERT @ THE WHISKEY A-GO-GO MAY 26TH

Special Guests LEMMY KILMISTER, ROCKY GEORGE, NICK OLIVERI and MORE!

PERFORMANCES BY: Lizzy Borden, Meldrum w/Gene Hoglan, Phantom Blue (reunion) and others

HOLLYWOOD, CA (May 3, 2009) – Michelle Meldrum’s family and son Jake are honoring Michelle and the one year anniversary of her passing with a benefit concert.

On May 18, Michelle Meldrum, leader of the band Meldrum and former Phantom Blue guitarist, was rushed to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Burbank in critical condition. She passed away late afternoon Wednesday, May 21, 2008 as a result of a cystic growth on her brain that had restricted oxygen and blood flow to her brain rendering her brain dead.

Meldrum had just completed writing and recording the bands soon to be released album with drummer Gene Hoglan, along with the new lineup Michele Madden (vocals) and Laura Christine (bass). The surviving band members plan to release the album later this year in tribute to their fallen band-mate.

Those who knew Michelle recognize that she lived every moment for the music, and was regarded as both an exceptional guitarist and a nurturer by her associates, friends, family and son.

Date: Tuesday May 26 2009

8901 W, Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA

Doors: 7:45 pm

Tickets: $20
Limited Tickets at Door, Presale purchase via Paypal on May 1 at http://www.michellemeldrum.com

Raffle will be held at the event and will include prizes from Motorhead, Kiss, Ozzy, Motley Crue, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, Twisted Sister, Meldrum, Gene Hoglan, Tattoo and more.

Auction will be held the week of the event on ebay include some of Michelle’s guitars and gear, collectibles, memorabilia (eBay seller MELDRUM2009).

Special Guests
Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)
Rocky George (Fishbone/Suicidal Tendencies)
Nick Oliveri (Queens of the Stone Age, Mondo Generator)
Jason McMaster (WatchTower/Dangerous Toys)
John Norum (Europe/Dokken)
Chuck Wright (Quiet Riot)
Phil Varone (Saigon Kick/Skid Row)

Performing Bands
Meldrum with Gene Hoglan
Lizzy Borden
Phantom Blue reunion
The Iron Maidens (World's Only Female Tribute to Iron Maiden)

DJ Will – KNAC Radio
Leah Cevoli (Robot Chicken, Deadwood) – Mistress of Ceremony/Hostess

*Guest lineup subject to addition/change

Sponsors
KNAC, Sirius Radio, havocTV, Gibson, Marshall, Korg, EMG, Coffin Case, Guitar Center, West La Music, Serious Clothing, Ebay, Yer Cheatin' Heart Tattoo, So Cal Tattoo, Sneaky Tiki, Song Bird, Portfolio Coffeehouse, Mui Tai, Skateboard Marketing, In Time Touring, Blastwaves, Metal Sludge, Blabbermouth.

Portion of proceeds will be donated to brain research.

Metallicat180 of The Iron Maidens forums said that the Phantom Blue reunion show was awesome. Here's the rundown of their performance:

Gigi Hangach - lead vocals
Tina Wood - guitar
Sara Marsh - guitar (songs 1-3)
Courtney Cox - guitar (songs 4-7)
Kim Nielsen-Parsons - bass
Linda McDonald - drums

1. Nothing Good
2. Loved Ya to Pieces
3. Time to Run
4. Bad Reputation
5. Lied to Me
6. A Little Evil
7. Going Mad

^F*ck, they did all the great songs too.

Oh well. I pretty much resigned myself to the fact I'd never see them live since back in the '90s anyway.

Did Linda say if they're considering making it an annual thing in the future?

And I love Queens of the Stone Age, would have been great to have an opportunity to see Nick doing some live stuff too.

I haven't heard from Linda since the show. Will get in touch with her later this week.

As far as further PB shows go, who knows? I read that Gigi did really great on stage. Perhaps Gigi, Kim and Linda can continue as Phantom Blue with two different guitarists (getting Nicole back in the band appears to be out of the question).

Ooh, I know what I'm going to check out when I'm done here!

Yeah, a Phantom Blue reunion would be great but it wouldn't be the same without Michelle. It would be cool if they did an annual reunion show on the anniversary of Michelle's death, not only to raise money like they did, but to keep her spirit alive and (on a more selfish motive) give more fans who never saw them live a chance to do so.

Courtney Cox - guitar (songs 4-7)

So now we know what she's been up to since Friends went off the air! :lol:

So now we know what she's been up to since Friends went off the air! :lol:

Yeah, she probably gets that a lot. Courtney's an awesome shredder, though. I met her in person when she was a guest guitarist for the Maidens (before finally becoming an official member last February), and she is a real sweetheart. And she really has the guitar skills to back up her smoking hot looks.:oops:

Courtney Cox

l_70408a49de2e4ebbb3e7aaa7a52ee121.jpg

(from left): Tina Wood, Linda McDonald, Courtney Cox, Wanda Ortiz, Kim Nielsen-Parsons, Gigi Hangach