Best all-around drummer (thanx FluffyDonkey)

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Who has the best mix of speed, style and sound ?

One album --- Kirk Arrington (Metal Church - "Blessing in Disguise")
consistancy ---- Mark Zonder - Fates Warning
career --- Neil Peart - Rush

Bryant

Flo Mounier from Cryptopsy is hands down the best drummer all-around/ever. His speed ranks with the best, his style is that of being almost overly complex, and he sounds amazing.

my favorite metal playe of all time has to be Hoglan, though I greatly respect the talents of flo and the like, Hoglan has always been at another level in every respect save for technicality, and even there he was far ahead of his time.

One album --- Andyan Gorust (Siksakubur-Back To Vengeance/The Carnage)

Consistancy ---- Proscriptor McGovern (Absu)

Career --- Flo Mounier or Sean Reinert (limited though his 'career' may be)

Neal Peart and Mark Zonder are awesome, though my favorite is Virgil Donatti, his stuff with Planet X is mind blowing.

I've always thought Mike Portnoy is overrated, I don't see what's so great about him.

No Worries mate.

i must nominate the infamous Danny Carey (TOOL)

can be very fast when he needs to be, but the sound and control he demonstrates all throughout his drumming is just amazing, creativity, ability and pace all rolled into one i have yet to hear a more talented drummer (the dude from arcturus is pretty good as well, but not a patch on Danny.)

Some of his best work appears on the ÆNEMA album, awesome stuff,

get the song's forty six & 2 (written that way)

Lateralus , (my fav of all time, see sig) reflection,
the grudge, (most of them are off the Lat album.)

Actually, Jan Axel Von Blomberg owns Danny Carey in every single way. He has shown himself to be one of the most prolific and varied drummers around, easily. From a more industrial and rhythmic style on The Kovenant to a jazzier, more laid back style on Winds, to even a pure black metal style on Mayhem... he's done it all.

genocide roach said:
flo of cryptopsy, no one is better.
~gR~
I agree. I also agree Jan Axel is super-awsome. No offence to you, Fluff Donkey (I love Eeyor, and all), but Mr. Blomberg could take Danny.

Ok guys thats all well and good that "Mr blomberg"

has had his name thrown around here, i would like some hard evidence in the form of mp3's, namely band album and song title,

from what i hear, each to their own, some ppl view danny as No.1 others Blom, it all comes down to a subjective view on what one person deems to be talent and what the other thinks.