Best extremely rare metal albums...

Wildman

Wildman
Mar 27, 2009
Louisiana
Went ahead and spun Hobbs' Angel of Death again today for the first time in the longest & can't believe how hard it was to get that original CD awhile back...

so I'm looking for some more of y'alls recommendations for the best/rarest metal CDs of all time.:kickass:

Dark - Endless Dreams of Sadness (death/progressive/goth)
Dark - Seduction (goth)
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph (death/thrash/doom)
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris (technical/progressive death/grind)
Vengeance - Human Sacrifice (thrash)
Recon - Behind Enemy Lines (USPM)
Cydonia - The Dark Flower (power/groove/prog)..it's a slightly recent Metal Blade release, but it went under the radar and still can be actually pretty tough to find for some reason..
all 3 maudlin of the Well albums (progressive/experimental/doom)... they DID get a short reissue run, but those are becoming scarce as well so their stuff will probably become mega rare again..

Vauxdvihl - To Dimension Logic

One of the greatest progressive metal albums ever written. Only problem is, it came out of Australia in 1994, so there was zero exposure for it and most of the band members left shortly after its release. A real shame, too, as they apparently had enough material for a second full-length.

I'm thinking Demilich's Nespithe is pretty rare if you have an actual copy.

You can download all their stuff from their website if you want to hear it though.

Pan.Thy.Monium ~dawn of dreams,khaooohs,khaooohs & kon-fus-ion.
Orphanage ~oblivion,by time alone.
Etherial Winds ~find the way...together,saved E.P.
Adramelech ~psychostasia.
Utumno ~across the horizon E.P.

I'm thinking Demilich's Nespithe is pretty rare if you have an actual copy.

You can download all their stuff from their website if you want to hear it though.

not really. i got my copy no problem. that was a couple years ago
~gR~

psypheria- embrace the mutation
~gR~

This one and Gothic Disturbance as well.

Also check out Arcane Sun's self-titled album, probably one of the rarest CD's a person can own and it's a shame that not a lot of people know about them. This band wrote some of the most beautiful doom metal ever recorded.

Well I quite like Heavy Load's Stronger than Evil and Death or Glory, but I would doubt very much that it's even approaching being the kind of thing you are looking for.

Ebony Tears? Astral Doors? Rain Fell Within? Not sure how rare their releases are, but I know few people (even on this board) who have never heard of either of these bands. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Rain Fell Within disbanded in 2002 btw.

Adramelch - Irae Melanox (epic 80's power metal that makes Awaken the Guardian look like Night on Brocken)

Antagonist - Antagonist (the only tech-thrash band that didn't go in the Watchtower, Metallica, or Sadus direction (think: Tech-xodus); unfortunately for them, released in 1994 as an EP)

Aspid - Extravasation (technical thrash/death loyal to late 80's Destruction and early Pestilence, with vodka influence)

Ebony Tears? Astral Doors? Rain Fell Within? Not sure how rare their releases are, but I know few people (even on this board) who have never heard of either of these bands. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Rain Fell Within disbanded in 2002 btw.

I heard of Ebony Tears but not the other 2 bands.

Until it was reissued recently, October Tide - Rain Without End