Best growler..

CladInShadows

New Metal Member
Apr 1, 2002
Torsby
Visit site
Who do ypu think is the best growler in the metal world today?? I´d say i go for Tompa Lindberg, The Crown, Lock-Up, Ex. At the Gates.. He can do anything from grindgrowling to black. But that's just my opinion...

Yep,I'd also go for Mikael. His growls are fucking brilliant, deep & dark! and the best is that he can growl AND sing with a clean voice....:D

I've got to give noticable mention to Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy(as if you didnt know im sure). Im sure there are better guys out there then here, but just how she can growl like that and simply shock most people to hear a voice like that coming from a female, in my opinion, is pretty damn fascinating! :eek:

Originally posted by cWk
other guy that can sing very well with bove is oyvind of spiral architect, he sings in a lunaris demo, it rules!!

Just to set the record straight... there are two singers in Lunaris. Maztema (Øyvind) does the clean vocals as well as the bass, and Balfori does the black metal vocals.
anyway... thanks for the support

Ross Dolan from Immolation.
That fucker is Satan incarnate,I swear to God.
Also,Akerfelt because his clean vocals make me want to eat Ice Cream.

Yeah, Angela Grossow from Arch Enemy grows well, well. I think her voice needs more depth and bass--which you only get from men growlers. Still, a female growler is impressionnant. There's also the female growler from Demonacy and Cynic, I forget her name though :)

I personally think that Chris Barnes from Cannibal Corpse and 6 Feet Under is one the best. That is growling from the depths of the stomach :)

must say that there are a lot of good growlers.. but there are only a few who has recognizable growls... old sepultura max cavalera, tompa lindberg, carcass's jeff walker, obituary's tardy, testament's chuck billy, death's chuck sculdiner, ex-cannibal corpse's chis barnes, ex-morbid angel's david vincent to name a few.... i hope u guys agree too..... :)