Best Gtr tone I've Ever Achieved (plz crit)

Sounds great. Sounds speaker flappy and sonorous with some sizzle. I think it needs more bass guitar to even things up.

Are you hitting it hard/bending out of tune a little around 1:30? And is it on purpose?

Guitar wise it reminds me of Confessor in slow mode. Which is an awesome thing.

fyn- glad you like. never heard confessor before (streaming "the downside" currently). decent shit, bro. appreciate the comparison.

as far as fizzyness, i know. i've gotta work on a decent lopass freq. i mostly just wanted to see how a little compression would affect how my gtrs sit in a mix.

out of tune? no. unintonated? definitely. wraparound bridge, so i've kinda done the best i can. as far as that spot at 1:30, i'm not too good with suspended chords in standard (bastardized B standard, actually). it's probably a combination of hitting hard and bending. the last thread i started here, a guy recommended i needed more aggression in my playing, so that's kinda what i was going for. i'm not really all that good at gtr in general to be honest.

fwiw, i'm actually a bass player, but since i stopped playing in bands i've kinda had to figure it out.

anywho, i'll bump this thread once i lopass the gitfiddles, and see what you think.

The guitars sound very mono and have no width. I'm not diggin' it.

Actually this sounds like only one guitar track. Try double tracking and spreading them out a little bit.

The guitars sound very mono and have no width. I'm not diggin' it.

Actually this sounds like only one guitar track. Try double tracking and spreading them out a little bit.

fuck! it is two, panned hard. i dunno, i don't really eq my gtrs a fuck-lot. i just realized the damn tss plugin was killing my stereo spread a few days ago. well, to be honest, i probably haven't mentioned it in this thread, but like everything in my rec setup is super ghetto. i guess i'm just trying to make baby steps and get opinions along the way.

Still not really digging the updated tone to be honest. It's better, yeah, but still not very good.
And yeah man I'm not sure how you managed to make it sound so mono-centric, geezus.

updated. i changed the routing to a standard subgroup and panned the 2 receives hard, forcing them stereo. i dunno, i hear 2 guitars. does it sound any better to you guys??