Best Heavy Metal Album for 2005

Ascendancy rocks my world. Corey and Matt are outstanding I agree, but as for being the best duo out there at the time.. I'd disagree. Maiden and a bunch of prog guitarists top them-- hands down, however Corey and Matt still kick some ass. I'm not being biased or anything-- Trivium is one of my favorite bands... but this is all just my humble opinion anyways. :D Bodom's new CD-- although not as technical as their old work is awesome.

In Flames new CD coming out soon is going to kick ass. :headbang:

Hails! Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks for the post, Hoyt! Yes, you are correct. In the USA, Germany, and most other territories, the CD came out mid January. And the other areas it came out very late 2004, Dec 17th. Too late to make most peoples 2004 lists though some critics that got their advance copies did include us.

West Side Dave posted a new review of our CD this past week...

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/westsidedave/Reviews18.html

He even starts off the review by saying:

This album came out in 2004, but it`s got my vote for one of the BEST Metal albums of `05!

General Zod said:
Indeed a good band and a good disc. They take way too much shit for not being "Metal". Fuck that. The kids are Metal, and they can play.

Any band that can play The Trooper and Master of Puppets TWICE as fast as either original band could, then they've spent their fair share of time in the woodshed to be deemed metal.

General Zod said:
Just listen to "Dying in Your Arms". Maiden has never written a song so FM-friendly.

Wasted Years?

Pellaz said:
And I think maybe the guys in Trivium are now old enough to drink legally.

--Maybe.

Just means they've got PLENTY of time before they hit the musical stalemate that every band seems to hit. That means PLENTY more METAAAAAL!!!

And Nevermore...

Yes, Loomis is a madman on guitar, and more than competes with all the legendary shredders. But... their music is not really a Dual-Guitar-Melody kinda band. Every once in a while, yes, but not to the extent that Maiden or Trivium bases their songwriting and structures around harmonies and multi-part melodies. These guys seem to write those multi-parts before the rest of the song! o_O

But Loomis gets it for quantity of hair on stage. That man loves to bash his head on stage.
[gayhairstylist]
It's like a wall of blonde on stage!
[/gayhairstylist]

Sabaton - "Primo Victoria"

NP: Scorpions - 'Holiday'

I was never really impressed with Trivium....their albums are decent, but their live show was kind of sub-par. I saw them opening for Iced Earth probably about a year and a half ago. Almost NO ONE was into them though, and the singer was pretty much begging people to start moshing between each song. I hate when bands are like "CMON GUYS!! GET INTO IT! START MOSHING!!" If the crowd was into the band, and they liked to mosh, they would.