best Katatonia EP?

Demonspell

cheating the polygraph
Apr 29, 2001
dead between the walls
www.ultimatemetal.com
I'm making up for when I excluded them from a best album poll on the Opeth BB, which doesn't explain why I'm not using a poll format here :) Anyway, my choice is Saw You Drown. Scarlet Heavens is mesmerizing, Quiet World is eerie and tranquil at the same time, and of course the two we know and love from Discouraged are great. I also have to mention Sounds Of Decay and Teargas...Sulfur should have replaced Don't Tell A Soul as LFDGD's closing track.

This is quite a tough call...
I'd go for the Teargas EP, Saw You Drown being a close second (not that I'd really own this rarity :cry: ).
You already praised SYD's qualities, so I'll stick with Teargas, whose middle track 'Sulfur' would have been beneficial for LFDGD indeed. Moreover, 'Teargas' and 'March 4' push Kata's songwriting abilities to unknown limits, so compact and yet profound.
In short, SYD bears a gripping atmosphere, but the Teargas EP leaves me awestruck due to strong musical and vocal performances, which even leave room for emotions - and that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Sounds of decay (especially because it consists of passionate songs you can't find in any of the albums) and then Saw you drown (because i love "Quiet world" ....... need more methods to end each day...to be happy by living this way

Originally posted by ColdDarkNord
Tonight's Music for me.
Im biggest fan of Will Oldham and I like "Disappear" very much. Plus TM is very nice song too and I like CD-cover art.

aghgh! this guy keeps telling me he is going to mail me tonights music (and the newer shape of despair). where are the cds......grr!
....i used to think i was so patient. hehe.

Originally posted by ColdDarkNord
eeeerrr...?
which guy?

just this dude i personally know, that lives a few hours from me. he came in the cd store i work in a cannibal corpse tshirt one day and i spoke with him and he really knew his music. hes more into the death/blackmetal extremes...
well i was like 'katatonia blahblahblah' and he said he had tonights decision and hated it.
i told him to listen to it again ;P
he did and likes katatonia now, so thats very cool. and he got the ep and is like, well, i want you to have it.

so that was just really random, im sorry! :confused: