Best keyboardists in Prog metal?

moonXplosion

DreadnoughtDenver
Apr 23, 2007
Colorado
www.facebook.com
I'm a prog metal junkie.. but a lot of times I think the keyboardists really add something special to the music..

Some of my favorites include Richard Andersson, Jordan Rudess, Joost van den Broek, Michael Pinnella, etc...

The point of this thread is because I want to discover other bands with a great keyboard/lead guitar collaboration... Especially since I'm an aspiring keyboardist myself.. What are some lesser known bands that deserve that kind of recognition?

Jonah Weingarten from Pyramaze is pretty rockin. I have heard some stuff he has been working on as a side project and it's kick ass. So check some of his stuff out.

You got to have Nick Van Dyke, and Bobby Williamson on this list as they are so frigging awesome.

I always forget about Exhibition because I wasnt able to get into that band.
Which honestly was a shock to me. Because I expected to love the album since Eternity X had been a long time favorite band of mine. This all took place long before I worked for Eternity X. So that has nothing to do with my feelings. The biggest flaws was vocals. I will say this the one thing that was decent on the album was Jamie Mazur's keyboard work.

Anyway
another one is the man from Kamelot(Cannot remember his name).

Plus Herc the new Keyboard player for Eternity X is great! He's been able to play every song from the bands 1997 release "The Edge" note for note. If that says much. I know most haven't heard him though. So it's hard to put him on this list. But I had to do a plug for my bud haha.

and don't forget his work on Exhibition's debut. :headbang:

Exhibition are long overdue for a new release.