Best live shows

Jan 6, 2006
In the land of ice and snow
Ohgay

Let´s put best gigs you HAd seen:kickass: :kickass:

1. Best show I´v seen Is DIO two years agou
It was nice summer night and warm And I was drunk (offcours)
Best song was stargazer.:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

2.Iron Maiden at harwal arena last year.
This was one great show but I did have bad place cos didn´t see the band clearly.

3. I did see Accept and Testament last year at metal festifal.
Both one was great.:kickass:

Are we limited to just 3?!?!?! Is it best shows EVER? best shows in 2005? soooo many goood shows, so difficult to pick just a handful!!

The Ultimate show 1983 US Festival
The show I met the Scorpions
The show I met Iron Maiden
:headbang: :headbang:

A Perfect Circle/Mars Volta - I'd seen APC a few times previous, but this night belonged to Mars Volta. Probably the best performance I've ever seen by an opening band, seriously. Just outrageous.

Opeth - Deliverance tour. Opeth's first headline tour in the US. I saw them in a little dump in San Francisco but was blown away. It was hotter than hell in this little place.....Opeth was still a fairly well kept secret but were just about to kind go over big. Just the right time to see them.

Sigur Ros - ( ) tour. Just amazing. Seen them twice since, and have tickets to see them again on May 1st, but nothing beats the first time.

Dead Can Dance - 2005 Just thunderously good.

Nine Inch Nails/Queens of the Stoneage - 2005 One hell of a good, professoinal, yet somehow dangerous seeming show. Best visuals I've ever seen. They had a video screen for three songs that was PERFECTLY in tune with the music - showing all manner of strange stuff. Very cool, and a great pereformance.

Opeth/Porcupine Tree - co-headline tour Cool 'acoustic' tour for Opeth, and Porcupine Tree was outstanding. Maybe the best dual bill I've seen.

Honorable mention goes to Jethro Tull, Iron Maiden, Tool, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Rush, Slayer, Metallica and a ton more. Of course, it would be easier for me to name the shows I didn't like than did, as most concerts are fun for at lease some reason or another.

All 3 bands on the same bill at The Channel in Boston 1990
Suicidal Tendencies--Lights, Camera, Revolution Tour (Unbelievable set!!!)
Exodus----------------Impact is Imminent Tour
Pantera -------------First Gig ever in Boston (Playing material from Cowboys From Hell)

Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers Tour (Still the best show I've ever seen!!!)

Ozzfest 2004 (There hasn't been a better Ozzfest than this one yet!!! (And I doubt there ever will be!!)

Dio - The Last in Line tour
Savatage - HotmK tour
Pantera/Wrathchild America - Cowboys From Hell/Climbing The Walls tour
Angel Dust - PPUSA II
Vanden Plas - PPUSA IV
Tad Morose - PPUSA V
Lots of great shows I am leaving out really...

Bryant

I've been to:

Ozzfest '04 and '05

Vai - Real Illusions tour

Yngwie - Unleash the Fury tour

I'm gonna see DragonForce next month and hopefully Queensryche in September.

And I've been to a bunch of other random alternative rock shows with my bro and sis.

T_man357 said:
Ozzfest 2004 (There hasn't been a better Ozzfest than this one yet!!! (And I doubt there ever will be!!)

The show in Camden, NJ was amazing with Halford filling in Ozzy's shoes for the night. It was crazy. Better than Ozzfest '05 for sure. Much more exciting.

That had to be classic!! Seeing that Judas Priest were INCREDIBLE!!!
But to me the whole line up was pretty much awesome!!!

Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Slayer
Superjoint Ritual
Black Label Society
hatebreed
lamb of god
Every Time I Die
Unearth
God Forbid
Magna-Fi
Throwdown
darkest hour

(I didn't list the bands I didn't like..)
Krakatau said:
The show in Camden, NJ was amazing with Halford filling in Ozzy's shoes for the night. It was crazy. Better than Ozzfest '05 for sure. Much more exciting.

AC/DC - Highway to Hell Tour (with Pat Travers opening)

Iron Maiden - Chicagofest 1982

David Lee Roth (w/Vai & Sheehan) 1986 x2

completely NOT old school but WTF:

Molly Hatchet & The Outlaws - 1980

Frank Zappa (RIP) - Live (1988) at the Auditorium Theater, Chicago IL

So many more to list!

J-Dubya

Dream Theater and Queensryche w/ special guests Fates Warning - Summer '03 tour

Bascially a dream come true for me.

Cold Gin said:
Same here :worship: and I hope I have the chance to see them again.

So do I!! The last time I saw them (2004 Rock The Nation tour, went to all 3 Melbourne shows) was the best I have heard them sound live, and had the best and most varied setlist I've seen at any of the shows I've been to (not quite as diverse as the Hot In The Shade & Revenge setlists though)... And Stanley's voice was still on fire!! No reason for them to stop, they're still slaying the competition!

You've seen some pretty damn good shows man!!!:kickass:

This is one of those instances where youth is a curse!!

I would've loved to see AC/DC on that tour...As well as Molly Hatchet w/ The Outlaws!! That's an awesome double bill!!!

Roth on EEAS Tour...Really your whole list is impressive!!

J-Dubya 777 said:
AC/DC - Highway to Hell Tour (with Pat Travers opening)

Iron Maiden - Chicagofest 1982

David Lee Roth (w/Vai & Sheehan) 1986 x2

completely NOT old school but WTF:

Molly Hatchet & The Outlaws - 1980

Frank Zappa (RIP) - Live (1988) at the Auditorium Theater, Chicago IL

So many more to list!

J-Dubya

Since I had very few shows attended in my live it'll be kind of easy to put and rank them here:

1) Rick Wakeman (2000 at the Melico Salazar theatre)
2) Helloween (2006 at the Planet Mall venue)
3) Dio/Scorpions/Deep Purple (2002 at the Reno Hilton venue)

Of course by December this will change radically after PPVII and Motorhead!

I've seen FAR FAR too many absolutely great shows to pick just 3... some standouts:

Iron Maiden - Powerslave tour
Motorhead - EVERY time!
Metallica - Ride The Lightning tour
KISS - 1996 Reunion tour
Metallica - Master Of Puppets tour
Metallica - ...And Justice For All tour
Megadeth - Rust In Peace tour
Suicidal Tendencies - Lights, Camera, Revolution tour

And MANY more!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

T_man357 said:
You've seen some pretty damn good shows man!!!:kickass:

This is one of those instances where youth is a curse!!

I would've loved to see AC/DC on that tour...As well as Molly Hatchet w/ The Outlaws!! That's an awesome double bill!!!

Roth on EEAS Tour...Really your whole list is impressive!!

Thanks, I was always happy I was in my teens at that time. Metal was actually popular, and on the radio. The hard rock bands were filling up big halls, and things were good. One day I ought to make a list of all the shows I REMEMBER.:lol: before I get REALLY old & forget. I view a lot of the overseas shows from that era, the same way you do. I'd have loved to have gone to one of the first few Donnington fests!

Roth was at his 2nd peak at that time. So was Vai, IMO. Helluva show that year, I even went and saw it twice! :)

J-Dubya

My favorite shows, not in particular order:

Kiss - Irvine Meadows, Irvine, CA, June 21st, 1996
The first show of Kiss' Alive Worldwide tour and first show in 17 years of the original lineup in makeup. This was done as a way to test some of the new pyro the band was thinking about using for the upcoming tour - which ended up getting scrapped after igniting their airplane hangar in Burbank, CA the week before and nearly setting the Meadows' stage on fire. The band shared the stage that day with Red Hot Chili Peppers, No Doubt, Korn, Garbage, 311, and others for the KROQ Weenie Roast

Iron Maiden & W.A.S.P. - Irvine Meadows, July 5th, 1985
Final show of the World Slavery Tour and my first concert ever.

Slayer - Iguanas, Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, 1992
First time seeing Slayer. 500 seater club. Was also the first show that Paul Bostaph did with the band. This was the first of a week of shows for warm up for the Donnington Festival.

Neurosis - Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA, 1999
Previewing their Times of Grace album. Great visuals and volume levels so ridiculous, I nearly passed out.

Dio - Irvine Meadows, 1986
Sacred Heart tour...'nuff said. :D

Bjork - Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA, 2003
My sister bought me tickets for my birthday to see my favorite MILF.

Neil Diamond - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA, 2001